More budget friendly cube orange alternative?

CUAV X7+/V5+ is the best choice.

The price of CUAV flight control has not been greatly moved due to the chip, and there has been no supply interruption, which is the strength of the supplier. Currently only CUAV has the ability to maintain stable prices and supply. It is recommended to choose CUAV x7+/V5+; of course, flight controllers such as F4 are quite cheap, but they will have extremely high CPU usage when running ArduPilot and cannot support functions such as ArduPilot LUA scripts.

CUAV X7+ uses RM3100 compass, Dronecan power module, all interfaces support higher current, better metal casing, etc., and supports more Dshot channels in function; these are designed for better aircraft; of course These don’t get good positive feedback for tiny drones.

@timtuxworth
Tim, thank you! I just received the Additional Cable Package Group this a.m.
Outstanding selection and they will save some hacking and soldering. I will keep
you posted on the build(s).

John

1 Like

Thanks John - all new QioTek flight controllers ordered thought SmartFleet.systems will include this cable package in the future.

@timtuxworth, I see that QioTek has developed uBlox F9P GPS module, but their site seems to be down right now. Do you have any details on that?

1 Like

Is this the one you are talking about?

Negative, it’s the one labeled RTK-F9P on their site. Cached copy of the page shows it should retail at ~$350.

Ah - I’m not currently reselling it, but let me ask.

I don’t have an immediate need, but it’d be nice to get some details and pictures. Always good to know the alternatives!

1 Like

I’ll be listing the RTK-F9P on the SmartFleet.systems website in the next day or so. I’ll have four different models starting at USD$360 (plus shipping), depending on the antenna.
We will have a quad-arm helix antenna or a mushroom antenna option.
QioTek has been working on this and so will also have DroneCAN versions available as well.

2 Likes