Mode change to auto failed: Requires position

hello all,

I created the autonomous flight plan below, and I get the error mode change to AUTO failed: requires position. I have bypassed the gps arming check and have an optical flow set up. How can I fix this? I have re calibrated the compass as well (indoors).

bin file: Dropbox - 48 01-01-1980 00-00-00.bin - Simplify your life

22-05-2024NotWorking.param (18.5 KB)

And it will continue to fail. This has been posted before but it looks like you gave up on the Lua Script:
Home

And the parameter file doesn’t reflect these changes for Optical Flow. A link to this Wiki has been posted before more than once.
EK3

You are making no progress. You should take it outside in an open area with the GPS active and a working RC system. Get it properly configured, tuned and flying. Then work on Non-GPS operation.

1 Like

Hey Dave,

I thought I completed the Lua script since I uploaded it with my coordinates?

I’ll keep a reminder for these parameters, thank you. You’re right, I’m going in circles, I have my receiver and was planning on updating the firmware on the RC but I need a connector to connect my receiver to the flight controller which should be here soon.

You should be getting a message like this in Mission Planners Messages Screen:
22-May-24 12:55:16 PM : Origin Set - Lat:xx.xx Long:xx.xx (x’s being your coordinates)
I just bench tested with with a Cube Orange+ with no GPS connected and it worked.

Wait, it’s running V4.6.0-dev. Let me check with current Stable.

Works on Stable too.

Hi Dave,

I’ll look out for this tomorrow, I had no idea it’s actually meant to show it on messages. It most likely doesn’t because I would’ve remembered seeing it. What’s the next step if it doesn’t show up? Because I’m confident that might be the case.

Hi @dkemxr

I can confirm, in messages the coordinates do not show up. Is there anyway to fix this?

All you need to do is enable scripting, which it looks like you did, and put the script file in the right place on the Sd card. That’s all I did on the Cube Orange+ I have on the bench and the origin was set.
And that place is here:
Script
Lua Scripts

Was there a message saying something like “refused to set origin”. I suppose not or you would have said so.

Hi Dave,

In the pictures attached, you can see my script is added to script but then when i tried to set my EKF origin, it worked and the drone shows up when it normally did not. It also says script is not active, is that possibly because I re-set my EKF origin?

Screenshot 2024-05-23 153410

That’s because it runs once on boot and that’s it. Looks like it worked but you probably missed the message.

Hi Dave,

If you’re talking about missed the gps coordinates I don’t think it ever showed up on messages.

OK, but unless it got a GPS lock it looks like it worked.

I thought it was the only thing stopping me was the position which I set the home and EKF. As for RC, couldn’t even get the correct connectors to connect the R-XSR to the flight controller. Since they don’t give the crimps and 5 connector.

This is basic RC hobby stuff. You need to make cables. A cable would have been supplied with the 6C that can be solder/spliced to the Rx. For this hobby you need a soldering iron, flux, some shrink tubing and a multimeter.

They did give a cable with the R-XSR that is meant to connect to the flight controller, I’m just hesitant to solder to the flight controller and I wouldn’t mind soldering to the connector itself but not sure if that’s possible.

You are not soldering to the Flight Controller. You make a cable with the cable that is supplied with the 6C and the R-XSR.

Oh right, do you join them together then it can connect? I’d have to see because the wires for the 6c seem thicker and they had 3 wires compared to the R-XSR which has 5.