MissionPlanning with v3.2 stable

Several tests with my Y6B (pixhawk) this week had found the problem i have with Mission Planning.

With v3.2 Mission Planning was not successful until i start my Mission from flight in example from 5 meters altitude. From the ground none of my Missions are successful, my copter always flip to the side.

In early versions (for example RC9) the copter first take off to the default altitude before attempting to reach the next way-point. In the newest stable v3.2 it seems the pixhawk is trying to fly instantly to the next way-point without reaching a certain altitude. I need several tests to believe this, but the copter always flips to the side of the first way-point. The command Takeoff with a dedicated altitude before the first way-point is not working in this case.

Is there any commands to execute to avoid this?

Even if you can go directly to Auto from the ground it may not be the safest way to start a mission.

IMO it is safer to get off the ground manually and switch to Loiter or Position Hold and insure all is well and that the GPS control is working correctly before committing the bird to Auto.

If around trees I usually get above the tree tops around me just to insure there are no mistakes before hitting Auto. With no close by trees I will get 10 to 15 feet and work the sticks just to be sure all is well before committing.

I noticed this the other day too. One time it took off and went straight to the next waypoint and climbed as it did so. The next time it took off and climbed to the altitude I set and then went to the next waypoint.

They were both the same mission. Have not looked into it as its not a big deal but may need further investigation.

The logs should be able to tell us something as to maybe GPS was off or Altitude.

Mike

In all cases GPS (HDOP) and Magnetometer were 100% ok.
This is the reason because i dont put any logs in this post.

Since v3.2 stable my Copter is approaching the first waypoint regardless of the momentary altitude, in each mission i started. If the copter is not in the air, this is ending with a crash, every time.

And my HDOP is under 2.00!!
If this helps i can upload some logs for analyzing.

Marc.

I did try several auto missions today to see what happened and they all worked as expected. They take off and fly to 15 meters and then head to the next waypoint without fail. I most have done a continue mission by mistake as this is a new feature in 3.2.

I did however have the issue you are talking about in an early version of 3.2. Sometimes when I took off the copter would lean to the right before taking off and in some cases the props on the right would hit the ground before takeoff.

I learned later that this issue was corrected and I have not had it since.

I’m sure you can look at your logs and see it execute each command and see the altitude as it does so.

[quote=“iseries”]I did try several auto missions today to see what happened and they all worked as expected. They take off and fly to 15 meters and then head to the next waypoint without fail. I most have done a continue mission by mistake as this is a new feature in 3.2.

I did however have the issue you are talking about in an early version of 3.2. Sometimes when I took off the copter would lean to the right before taking off and in some cases the props on the right would hit the ground before takeoff.

I learned later that this issue was corrected and I have not had it since.

I’m sure you can look at your logs and see it execute each command and see the altitude as it does so.[/quote]

Can you post a screenshot of your Mission Planner software with the way points on it?
I will try this the next few days.
Thank you for your answer.
Marc

Attached is the flight plan I used to do my testing. Don’t think you should use it as I don’t think you want it to fly to my house. It does however show the commands I used.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9E0CDC793EC9176D!171&authkey=!AKSt8mN_X6vrBc8&ithint=file%2ctxt

Mike