MissionPlanner hangs on splash screen

I’m new to MissionPlanner so treat me gently! I installed MP on a fresh install of Windows 10 using the .msi from the github repo and it launched fine after the install was complete. I didn’t do anything, set anything up, just exited MP. When I tried to launch it for the second time it just hangs on the splash screen. I’ve tried uninstalling (via programs and features) and re-installing MP, no luck. I then tried uninstalling MP again, deleting the Documents\Mission Planner folder and the \ProgramData\Mission Planner folder, re-installing MP with no luck. I then uninstalled MP, deleted the MP directories and then re-installed Visual Studio 2022 using the vs2022.vsconfig file in the MP git repo to ensure that all of the NET core and Frameworks were installed properly, and it worked! Alas only on the first run again. I’ve tried starting MP with the shift key held down, while praying to Vishva, Buda and a variety of other deities with no success. Any one got any ideas? MP is version 1.3.81

The official install file is not on github, but on the link in the docs https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/MissionPlanner-latest.msi

If it still don’t start, please send the MissionPlanner.log files from the ProgramData/MissionPlanner folder.

Thanks for replying Andras.
Ok, re-installed it and it worked on the first launch again but just hangs the second time. Log file attached.
MissionPlanner.log (619.3 KB)

OK, please send the config.xml as well… How many monitors do you use ?

3 Monitors.
config.txt (5.0 KB)
Had to change the extension as the system won’t allow .xml

Hmm. I’m baffled.
Could you try to add
<CHK_GDIPlus>True</CHK_GDIPlus>
line to the end of the config.xml ?

And also try delete the

<MainHeight>575</MainHeight>
  <MainLocX>2929</MainLocX>
  <MainLocY>256</MainLocY>
  <MainMaximised>Normal</MainMaximised>
  <MainWidth>960</MainWidth>

Lines…

Awesome that worked! Seems to load no problem now. I’m curious as to what caused it?

Which one ? GDI or the position info ?

LOL, I put it all in. Hang on I’ll test each to see.

OK, so either one works. If I put the <CHK_GDIPlus>True</CHK_GDIPlus> in it works. If I delete the height & position stuff, it works as well.