Mission will not execute

I have flown a couple dozen or so missions successfully until today. Today, flying a mission that I have flown successfully four or five times previously, my Iris+ will takeoff normally when switched to Auto mode and climb out to the takeoff altitude then nothing it just hovers. It does not move on to the next waypoint it just hovers indefinately. I finally have to switch to LTR or ALTHold, take control and fly it manually. Since I have flown this mission successfully in the past, my first thought was maybe the mission written to the Iris+ has become corrupted onboard the air craft. But when I read the mission from the aircraft back to MP it looks correct. I’m using MP 1.3.17. Not sure how to tell what version of firmware is on my Iris+ but it is only two weeks old so I assume it is 3.2. My question is this, Is there a way to delete all missions on the Iris+ and clean the memory? Perhaps reformatting the SD card? Any help will be appreciated!

sorry, but the missions are written to an internal portion of memory and not the SD card.

You can make a mission with no waypoints and write that but I don’t think that’s your issue.

I have flown many missions and have not had an issue with them other than better programming on my part. What we need here is to look at the logs and see what is going on. Also if you have the Radio attached, to connect it to Mission Planner or Droid Planner would help to see if it exits out of Auto mode.

If you can get the BIN file off the Pixhawk and upload it that would help with this.

Since you don’t know what version of firmware you are running then I would get that checked out as you want to be running 3.2 and not the 3.2 iris+ version. This version had some issues that were later corrected.

Mike

I found that if I delete a line in a mission, it sometimes hangs at the deleted line.

ie:
I’ll have commands #1 through #10.
I’ll edit out command #5.
The MR will execute #1 through #4 and stop.

Even though the mission looks good in MP, it won’t get past the deleted line.

If I go back and re-write #1 through #9, it works fine.

This is the firmware version I have
ArduCopter V3.2-Iris (b212c020)

Is this a good version?

[quote=“JoeBob”]I found that if I delete a line in a mission, it sometimes hangs at the deleted line.

ie:
I’ll have commands #1 through #10.
I’ll edit out command #5.
The MR will execute #1 through #4 and stop.

Even though the mission looks good in MP, it won’t get past the deleted line.

If I go back and re-write #1 through #9, it works fine.[/quote]

That is concerning, what happens if a mission hangs and the aircraft is out of transmitter range? is this a possible bug?

You should upgrade your firmware as 3.2-iris has some bugs that are fixed in the current version.

Mike

OK, I have not figured out how to attach a log file as yet but I copied and pasted what I could find below. I don’t know why the GPS = Fail since the transmitter screen was showing it was tracking 8 satilites when I took off. Is this the most recent firmware version and if not should I update? Any advice on what I should do next?

Log File C:/Program Files/Mission Planner/logs/QUADROTOR/1/2015-01-16 13-44-39 2.bin.log
Size (kb) 255.6640625
No of lines 4046
Duration 0:00:00
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version V3.2-Iris
Firmware Hash b212c020
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
Test: Balance/Twist = GOOD -
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (8.21%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.18, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = GOOD -
Test: Pitch/Roll = GOOD -
Test: Thrust = GOOD -
Test: VCC = GOOD -

I updated the firmware and created a new very simple mission. Same thing happens it will take off then just hovers and never moves to the first waypoint. Attached is the log as requested.

Problem resolved! New batteries in the TX and the missions execute normally.

I just ordered a lipo for my Iris+ TX,http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=59010 “AFTER” having it shut off from low batteries, while flying. I was flying/testing, in my yard, which is under a huge tree canopy. I was in STD mode, and I had already turned off my fail safe’s, or else I assume it would have went straight up into the trees, in preparation for a RTH. All it did, was start to drift with the wind, and when I realized I no longer had control, I looked down at my radio, and it was blank/OFF! Iris slowly drifted into the back of my riding mower, and sat down, and seemed to go to idle? Only damage was a very slightly nicked prop.