Mission Rewind on Resume

Hi everyone,
I’m having trouble getting the mission rewind on resume feature to work consistently, as described here:

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-mission-rewind.html#common-mission-rewind

Here is what I am trying in SITL:

-takeoff
-upload a mission to the vehicle, the first mission item is a DO_SET_RESUME_REPEAT_DIST with the first param set to 1
-Set vehicle to AUTO mode, I see “Resume repeat dist set to 1 m” in the messages tab in Mission Planner
-Let the vehicle past a few waypoints, then select ‘fly to here’ and enter GUIDED mode to any location
-Resume the mission by selecting AUTO mode

I believe at this point the vehicle should resume the mission from 1m before it exited the path, however it goes direct to the next waypoint.

Any help would be appreciated!

The MIS_RESTART parameter must be set to zero, to prevent the mission restarting, for this feature to work.

1 Like

Indeed I do have it set to zero. Just to be sure I toggled MIS_RESTART on/off but I still have the problem.

I am still not able to narrow down the problem precisely, but I’ve attached two mission planner mission files that seem to reproduce the issue. If I run a fresh sitl instance (Plane 4.4.4 beta 1), takeoff and load the “rewind_working.waypoints” file, the mission rewind feature works. But If I run a fresh sitl with the other file, rewind does not work, as I described in my previous post.

rewind_testing.zip (568 Bytes)

Hi @Bill-B,

Thanks for providing a reproducible test. I have been able to replicate the behaviour in ArduPlane stable (V4.4.4) and dev (V4.5).

I have found the issue and a fix is being worked. PR for the fix is here if anyone wants to track it’s status:
Mission: Rewind Reset Fix by Gone4Dirt · Pull Request #25944 · ArduPilot/ardupilot (github.com)

In case anyone else runs into this issue a temporary work around is to switch the order of the DO commands always running DO_SET_RESUME_REPEAT_DIST as the first DO command after a nav command. This is a temporary work around until the fix goes in and trickles down to stable.

2 Likes