Mission Planner Unable to open port on it's own

I have been dancing back and forth between GCS softwares after moving my computer over to linux Mint, but long for the simple days of MP on windows…

I am currently running MP 1.3.72 though Mono 6.3. I am able to load MP, select my modem (Zoon V2 on ttyACM0), but do not receive any heartbeats when i try to connect.

Unless…
While MP is waiting for the 30 second timeout period, i open another application (APM Planner 2) and connect using the same port. As soon as APM Planner trys to connect, MP will then make the connection and generally stay connected. I would be ok with this sub-optimal work-around, if it didn’t disconnect occasionally in flight, forcing me to keep connecting manually this why while flying.

I’m assuming its a ports permission thing, but have searched and been unable to figure out what i’m doing wrong. Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks
Chris

try this

1 Like
  1. I’m honored to be getting help from the Michael Oborne… I feel like royalty!

2. That fixed it! Thanks a bunch. It wasn’t freezing, so i was skeptic that was even relevant, but it immediately connected first try, stayed connected, and doesn’t break on reconnecting in flight.

I’m really excited to get back to using MP on linux… the telemetry monitoring tools just makes tuning and log analysis so much easier.

Chris

1 Like

do let me know of other issue, but afaik, on a new mono like you have, MP should run pretty well

Thanks Michael,
On the whole, it seems to operate acceptably, though there are a large number of drop-downs and things that don’t work, i can usually work around them via the full parameter list or other means. The one still disconcerting thing was when trying to fly today, the link continuously was popping a GCS failsafe in flight, despite RSSI and REMRSSI never getting anywhere close to a level that would normally cause failure. I suspect this could still be an issue with too low of a data rate on the radios, but it left me unable to actually test radio performance, as i couldn’t get out more than 100m without the GCS failsafe going off.

Not sure there is a specific question here, but there are a number of places that mono does not properly support MP, like video inject in the mission planner settings screen, or failsafe selection, or a number of others. The telemetry does work though, and that makes it more than worth it for me…

Thanks
Chris