Mission Planner Shows Quadcopter Instead of Airplane on GPS Map

Hi guys, I am new to this forum.

I have downloaded Mission Planner on my Windows laptop and managed to connect it to my TBS Crossfire module via MAVLink over bluetooth. I have a working telemetry signal but the icon on the GPS map for my UAV is a quadcopter instead of an airplane. For the last 4+ hours I have been trying to figure out how to correct this.

My airplane is running a Matek F405-WING with INAV firmware. I plan on just using Mission Planner strictly just to monitor telemetry and GPS location in realtime for a co-pilot. Everything appears to be working, it’s just the UAV icon is a quadcopter instead of an airplane on the GPS map, and that really bugs me.

Is there any way to change settings on the program to show an airplane icon instead of a quadcopter?

Probably a FRAME_TYPE issue. Check that parameter. Also check that you have actually installed ArduPlane firmware.

EDIT: Oops. Nevermind. You are using non-ArduPilot firmware. There probably isn’t a clean fix for that.

Thank you for your quick response Yuri.

Do you or anyone else happen to know if there is a software modification that can be done or even a .png photo within the Mission Planner software files where I can rename an airplane icon as a quadcopter that way Mission Planner shows an airplane?