Mission Planner - Radio Calibration Problem

Hello everyone,

I currently using a Holybro quadcopter on which I mounted a Pixhawk 6X flight controller. I bought a Radiomaster TX16S remote control with Edge TX BlackPearl 2.7.1 version. I use Mission Planner with Ardupilot V4.5.0-dev version as a ground control software.

I have an issue with the channel 9 of my RC. I did the radio calibration by following MP instructions but the RC channel 9 value related to a 3-way switch is locked to 2005 PWM (highest position) while this switch is in its lower position (1015 PWM) and the channel 10 doesn’t even react when I move their switch.

I check the electronic wiring of the TX16S and I did back the radio calibration but the problem remains the same.

Any advice or any help will be welcomed, I’ll be glad to read your answers.

What radio protocol are you using?

Crossfire and ELRS have a setting that you can acces from the radio, where you can switch the operating mode of the rx. Yours may be in 8ch mode.

The receiver I put on the copter is a R18 from Radiomaster. It uses the protocol D8. It is plugged on the RC port of the Pixhawk 6X using SBUS communication.

I did not find a R18 they have a R81 and frsky has a R18 can you confirm which one? If its the R81 it only has 8 channels and ch9 is rssi that’s probably why it is maxed out, have you bound the radio to the receiver?

2 Likes

I have the R81 receiver and I bound it to the radio command.

unfortunately you only get 8ch on this RX with CH9 being RSSI. If you move away from RX while watching CH9 it should fluctuate. Move whatever you have setup on CH9 to another free channel lower.

1 Like

Than you,

I planned to do so, I will buy another RX with more channels. Thanks for your explanations. :+1: