Mission Planner on Android connecting to Pixhawk6c via Bluetooth

Thanks for reading.

I need to connect Mission Planner running on Samsung Tab A9+ (Android) to Pixhawk6c via bluetooth (HC-05). Seems pretty elementary.

I’m able to successfully connect MP from Windows 10 via BT on a COM port, so am reasonably confident in the HC-05 config.

On Android, I’m able to successfully pair the HC-05. But in MP running on Android, what should I see as port choices in the CONNECT dropdown to make the BT connection? Got several choices but all Connect Failed.

I’ve drilled through the SETUP and CONFIG tabs in MP hoping to see something I’ve overlooked but nothing jumps out.

Thanks for any insight …

Did you go through:
https://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/common-mission-planner-bluetooth-connectivity.html#bluetooth-telemetry-radio

Pay particular attention to the baud rate of the bluetooth device, the baud rate of the Telem/serial port on the flight controller, and the baud rate set in MissionPlanner. All must match.

Or ditch the BT radio and use an ESP8266 WiFi radio. Did that years ago.

So for anyone able to run MP on Android and get a Bluetooth telemetry connection to the autopilot, what is the choice you make in the MP Connection list to get a successful BT connection?

Issue solved, heres the answer I needed thanks to “framosnt” on:

Mission.Planner Android need to do grant of “other devices” to Serial/Bluetooth/USB show in Connection Button ! Go to android configuration screen, application, select Mission Planner, select PERMISSION / OTHER DEVICES, return to Mission Planner app and open Connection List box, you will see all serials connections.

I’m a happy camper now with Android MP connected to Pixhawk - thanks framosnt!

In other words …

Settings > Apps > Mission Planner > Permissions > Nearby Devices > Allow