Mission planner not showing Q flight modes

Setting up a Q-Plane using Mission planner and Plane 4.2.1

On my desktop machine I see the Q-modes in the actions pane, on my laptop I don’t see those. Manual mode is also missing.

I have tried deleting mission planer and folders and re-installing the latest MSI but no luck.

Any idea where the modes have gone and how I get them back?

1 Like

Try latest Beta version. This version shows them.

Qmodes

Latest beta has the same issue.

I can assign Q modes as per your screen shot but I can not use the quick menu to pick Q modes which is what my screen shot shows.

Rather odd!

Ah OK, this menu?

Yes exactly that menu.

The options I get are all for copter - I don’t get any plane options or Q options.

@tegwin Can you check Q_MAV_TYPE it should be set to 1 (FIXED_WING)
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/parameters.html#q-mav-type-mavlink-type-identifier

Sorry, slow reply.

Yes that is set correctly.

I still do not have Q or Fixed wing modes in mission planner. Really weird and really annoying

So to clarify, you do get the Q Modes on your desktop pc bit not your laptop?
What version of MP do you have on your lap? Also in top right side next to connected, what aircraft is it reporting MP Is connected to?

You can try deleting “sitl” folder located in Documents/Mission Planner.
After doing this restart the simulation. It worked for me when I am using flightaxis.

Hi,
yes, my PC shows Q modes, this laptop does not.
MP V 1.3.77 connected to plane V4.3.1 via usb cable.

Mision planner correctly shows VTOL Tiltrotor.

I have deleted the entire mission planner directory from PC and reinstalled and still the same.

Hey,

Were you able to resolve this? I too am unable to see the manual mode on the MP. Is there any other calibration that needs to be done on the AP?

Regrds,
ARK

Deleting this directory and rerunning the MP ground station may resolve it.

Thank You. Will check this