Mission Planner not seeing usb board

Loaded ardurover-bl hex file onto my Omnibus Pro F4 board using INAV… then plugged the usb into my pc with the Omnibus board into Mission Planner but even though I get the usual Windows ding dong for usb, it does not see the connection…Maverick times out
When I go to device manager I expected to see another com port open up but no…I can see an extra Universal Serial Bus device coming up as omnibusf4pro-BL but that’s it…has me rather baffled.

I have this issue quite a bit and it is always the USB cable. Unfortunately it seems like I forget every year around this time when I have spare time to work on this stuff and have to re-learn. Most long (meter-ish) never work for me and some cheap shorter cables have had issues too. I have giant bin of USB cables and marked the ones that worked so I don’t have to go through the trial and error every time. Of course, make sure it is a data cable and not power only. Some have the little USB arrow symbol to show it’s a data cable.

Tracked it down today.
Turns out I had to run a program…cannot recall the name, somthing like fixrc driver exe or similar