Mission Planner - no onboard compass calibration

Hi guys,

I’m having some trouble with compass calibration using the new Pixhawk 2.1 and Mission Planner.

I’m on mission planner version 1.3.48 build 1.1.6330.31130 which is the most up to state stable version.

When I go into initial setup and compass calibration, there is no option for ‘on-board calibration’, only live. Why is there no option for on-board calibration?

Many thanks,
Andrew

I am showing the attached and have onboard, did you check for the latest beta release?

What ArduPilot vehicle and version are you using?

I also have the same problem. Only Live Calibration (off-board) is available.
Mission Planner updated yesterday automatically and I’m running the latest stable ArduPlane (3.7.1)

Ardupilot vehicle is Plane and version is arduplane 3.7.1 - stable.

I’ll try updating mission planner to beta and see how it goes!

A change in Mission Planner changed the behavior in an unintended way. I’ve done a PR to correct this: https://github.com/ArduPilot/MissionPlanner/pull/1550

Using Mission Planner 1.3.48 here; have a couple of Pixhawks and a Pixhack 2.8.4. I wasn’t getting the onboard calibration in MP on the Pixhawk but getting it and the Live Calibration on the Pixhack

A change in Mission Planner changed the behavior in an unintended way. I’ve done a PR to correct this: ConfigHWCompass: show both options if autopilot doesn't present onboard capability by OXINARF · Pull Request #1550 · ArduPilot/MissionPlanner · GitHub

^^^Could you please explain “Issue #1422 was implemented in c409c1a by showing the onboard or the live calibration if the compass calibration capability is present or not.”

What determines if the capability is present or not? So does this mean I will not be able to use Onboard calibration on the Pixhawks?

Thank you.

So what was the solution to this problem? I am running Arudplane 3.7.1 and have the latest version of MP 1.3.48 and am not getting he onboard calibration option.

I’m having the same problem. I’m using the Pixhawk. Arduplane 3.7.1 and MP 1.3.48/1.1.6330.31130

I don’t have the option on board calibration…

please update to latest MP