I am having a problem when I try to run the motor test in Mission Planner. When I click a “Test motor 1” button the flight controller reboots, Mission Planner puts up a dialog “Error communicating with the autopilot Motor :1”, and the MP console has the following message:
ERROR MissionPlanner.MainV2 - Serial Reader fail :System.IO.IOException:
The device does not recognize the command
at System.IO.Ports.WinSerialStream.ReportIOError(String optional_arg)
INFO MissionPlanner.Comms.SerialPort - Closing port COM16
This happens with the latest MP beta (16921), with two different quads with Kakute F7 flight controllers running a fairly recent 3.7dev build. Two different computers give the same result.
Motor test used to work for me on these two quads, they are both flying fine, and I can’t think of anything I’ve changed which would have caused this. Any ideas? Thank you.
Using MP 1.3.66 motor test I am observing a similar behavior, with random unusual beeps, plus the motors (set at 9% and 1 sec) are spinning up twice. Some random things seem to be happening, but I can’t to the bottom of it.
Using MP 1.3.66 motor test I am observing a similar behavior, with random unusual beeps, plus the motors (set at
9% and 1 sec) are spinning up twice
Please set log_disarmed and supply both a tlog and dataflash log for these
tests. My guess is that our watchdog code is resetting the controller -
'though I though that had been addressed already.
Also - please test the tip of master rather than something close to it.
We have logging that went in very recently to help diagnose this sort of
Heads up: We send a maximum of 100 daily emails. Check the site to see the ones that might be held back. PS thanks
for being popular!
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
Peter Barker | Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
firstname.lastname@example.org | You need a bigger hammer.
:: in what circumstances would you want reverse thrust for takeoff? --tridge
Apologies for the less than complete report earlier. I updated to the latest master and latest MP and motor test is working for me now. Thank you.
Thanks for the reply, Peter.
I had the log_disarmed param set a little while ago, but it produced dates from the year 1970 and 1980. So I wasn’t so clear if this was going to produce data I could glean something from…
Due to being late on a project, I need to currently move forward with stable fw 3.6.8. and am unable to test anything else. (If I find the time, I will upload a log in disarmed state.)
Late last night, I somehow managed to get the motortest going so that I am sufficiently certain the right motors are addressed, and the spinning twice seems to also have subsided with MP 1.3.7070.