Mission Planner Loading

Mission Planner 1.3.45 has for some reason got very slow to load (several minutes) on my laptop has anyone any suggestions it has been working well up to about a week ago.

Thanks

please provide a missionplanner log file
c:\programdata\missionplanner

so I can see where its delaying.

Michael

I can see any log files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner or any files that have changed since the last update?

David Ardis

Hi David and Michael,

I was just about to create a post on this issue, as I’ve been also experiencing delays while opening Mission Planner. Both the frequency and duration of the delays appears to be random in nature. I was hoping I’d be able to provide a log of this behaviour from this morning, but of course the program opened without any delays. The next time I encounter the issue, I’ll be sure to post the log right away.

David, if you navigate to C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner, you should see a number of time stamped logs. Make sure View > Hidden Items is checked.

In case my system information is relevant, I am encountering this problem on a brand new installation of Windows 10 that has been fully updated.

Cheers,
Adam

Sorry cant see any logs for today. The last log file is from 12-10-16 which appears to be a log from michael’s computer

Thanks
David Ardis

I finally found the log file. the files all appear to reference michael’s computerMissionPlanner.log (458.1 KB)

2017-04-10 17:15:35,064 INFO MissionPlanner.Controls.HUD - Version: 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4358 (C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\ExtLibs\Controls\HUD.cs:771) [Base Thread]
2017-04-10 17:15:35,064 INFO MissionPlanner.Controls.HUD - Device: Intel® HD Graphics (C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\ExtLibs\Controls\HUD.cs:774) [Base Thread]
2017-04-10 17:19:16,148 INFO MissionPlanner.MainV2 - show FlightData… Done (C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\MainV2.cs:2682) [Base Thread]
2017-04-10 17:19:16,164 INFO MissionPlanner.MainV2 - start http (C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\MainV2.cs:2694) [Base Thread]

you need to either update or revert your drivers on your intel graphics card driver.

Michael

Had the latest driver installed so completely removed and reinstalled the driver. Mission Planner is now opening correctly.

Thanks

David Ardis

I can see this is going to be a real pain. windows just updated and mission planner is running slow again

you can try going to MP options, and ticking the HUD GDI+ option. this should fix it, but is a performance compromise. the better fix is the graphics card driver.

Michael

Thanks Again that has worked.

Only use this machine to amend parameters

Hi there,

I just wanted to note that installing the newest version of the Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers worked for me as well. No more extremely long loading times!

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like