Mission Planner Connection Gets Stuck on STAT_RUNTIME

Been using mission planner for several years now and have connnected to Pixhawk 1 thousands of times with various telemetry radios and USB connections.

Recently, when I try to connect with USB or telemetry the paramters load normally until VISO_ORIENT and then stop loading at STAT_RUNTIME. I just let it wait at STAT_RUNTIME for 7 minutes to see if it would progress. It didn’t.

The good news is when you hit cancel, the drone is connnected to the laptop.

Reads and writes to the flight controller are normal.

I am using MP 1.3.52, which I think is the most recent release.

When I’ve seen this happen, it’s been because of a bad parameter or bad value. I found that doing a parameter reset cleared the problem up in most cases.

this issue occurs when you have only one way telemetry. the cause, you need to discover.

Can you tell me what you mean by one way telemetry? I can write and read to the FC from my computer. I can write new parameters to the FC. I can change modes from my compute via telemetry link. I see paramaters continuous updated on my status stab. Seems like I have two way communcaiton established between my computer and FC via telemetry.

I have same issue, flight data working fine but gets stat runtime forever and don’t get the parameters, pixfalcon, MP 1.3.58 and, copter 3.57

you are only getting communication one way, check your telemetry module and cables

I test hardware, other working radio and connections continuity and ground isolation, no changes and no issues.

It’s kind a strange behavior, the flight controller is sending flight data, hud, voltage, altitude, gps hdop, etc…, so the way has not communication should be the ground station to the flight controller? I guess I’ll try finding out.

BTW I am powering radio and all others flight controller peripherals with and external 5v bec but all grounded fine, I don’t know…

my original comment still stands,

the reason you see STAT_RUNTIME as its sent automatically a specific interval. ie, no comms from MP have made it to the autopilot. its a read only connection.

I give up, after all ground and power configurations nothing changes.

While stat runtime and rebooting the flight controller this is the whole parameters MP can get, then stays on stat runtime

GND_ABS_PRESS 99488.37 pascals calibrated ground pressure in Pascals
GND_ALT_OFFSET 0 meters altitude offset in meters added to barometric altitude. This is used to allow for automatic adjustment of the base barometric altitude by a ground station equipped with a barometer. The value is added to the barometric altitude read by the aircraft. It is automatically reset to 0 when the barometer is calibrated on each reboot or when a preflight calibration is performed.
INS_ACC_ID 1246218 Accelerometer sensor ID, taking into account its type, bus and instance
INS_ACC2_ID 1114634 Accelerometer2 sensor ID, taking into account its type, bus and instance
INS_GYR_ID 2163722 Gyro sensor ID, taking into account its type, bus and instance
INS_GYR2_ID 2228490 Gyro2 sensor ID, taking into account its type, bus and instance
INS_GYR2OFFS_X 0.0289104 rad/s Gyro2 sensor offsets of X axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYR2OFFS_Y 0.0002835823 rad/s Gyro2 sensor offsets of Y axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYR2OFFS_Z 0.003545141 rad/s Gyro2 sensor offsets of Z axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYR3_ID 0 Gyro3 sensor ID, taking into account its type, bus and instance
INS_GYR3OFFS_X 0 rad/s Gyro3 sensor offsets of X axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYR3OFFS_Y 0 rad/s Gyro3 sensor offsets of Y axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYR3OFFS_Z 0 rad/s Gyro3 sensor offsets of Z axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYROFFS_X 0.0253219 rad/s Gyro sensor offsets of X axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYROFFS_Y 0.05307765 rad/s Gyro sensor offsets of Y axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
INS_GYROFFS_Z -0.01093769 rad/s Gyro sensor offsets of Z axis. This is setup on each boot during gyro calibrations
STAT_FLTTIME 0 seconds Total FlightTime (seconds)
STAT_RUNTIME 211 seconds Total time autopilot has run

Edit:As far as I know it’s a board issue, rx and tx on telem port has a lecture about 40Ohm, this is it.

am having same problems and on two different birds…and i can guarantee is not a one-way communications issue at all…this is frustratign because cant control from GCS

if all you get it the params above. then its is 100% a one way comms issue.
the cause is either cables/hardware or possibly mavlink2 signing.
MP sends packets to the drone every second, and on connect request every parameter.
If MP sends packets, but does not get params back, then it has to be a comm’s issue, as the autopilot is not receiving the request for information from the GCS

I started having this issue after I did the changes to record a IMU batch sampler log for FTT.
Tried unsetting and setting a few times and it defiantly seemed to cause the problem, however i tried for a 4th time and problem went away with IMU settings set.
Perhaps this may help someone?

Hi, Having the same problem with latest Arducopter FW and Mission Planner with 3 different drones with Cubes. Problem clears after few power resets but comes back. When the problem happens the telemetry values in Mission Planner are rapidly updated. When problem is not visible the values are updated smoothly. Quessing Mission Planner is flooder with telemetry data… Messages to Pixhawk from Mission Planner are not going thru.

Thanks! That did the trick for me. That was a really irritating error. Appeared to fix an arming issue I was having too.