Mission Planner Build 1.3.81 Error

I have just updated my office PC with the latest MP Update.

All my UNKNOWN script commands have been switched to DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE.

[SOLVED]

For all of you who have been using the UNKNOWN command for your Lua_Script, this has now been changed to DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE. And the setme columns have been replaced with ID / P1 / P2 / P3
Who would have guessed right?

So,
step 1 = Add Below
step 2 = Select DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE from drop down menu.
step 3 = Enter your Command ID under column 1 labelled as ID
step 4 = Column 2-4 are now where you will add your script custom values under P1, P2 and P3.

Thanks to Andras Schaffer for helping me out here.

Why ? Now instead of unknown, do_send_script_message command (217) is recognized…

1 Like

Why? DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE does not have the same column descriptions. Before was = setme / setme / setme, now = ID / P1 / P2 / 3

Guess what…

What?! When did it change to MAV_CMD_DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE (217) ?
Right now?

It was always, just not understanded by the planner.
You entered your commands you selected unknown and set the id to 217 didn’t you ?

Yes, ADD BELOW, UNKNOWN, ID 217 and then enter values for the 3 columns

So you did added a DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE command to your mission. Which is identified by the ID 217.
Now planner does understand this message and instead if saying unknown, properly displays it’s name and parameter description…

And from now on instead of selecting unknown and entering 217, you can just select DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE from the dropdown.

1 Like

Oh wow! Thats awesome! Thank you so much!

I will correct the first post.

See [SOLVED] in the first post for details on how to correct this.

Just to be 100% clear, I have hundreds of missions that I have saved for ‘re-flights’. This now means that I have to go and add my command ID to every one in the first column and shift my 3 column values over by one for every command of every mission?

Nope, nothing changed. Just instead of unknown you get proper name.
And the parametesr are now named correctly.
param 1 = ID
param2 = param1
param3 = param2
param4 = param3

I have to disagree with you there Andras, this is a huge change shifting columns 1,2&3 over to column 2,3&4 to allow for the command ID. In my case this is many hours of work.

Also, I cannot find that dropdown option on my laptop running 1.3.80 so it seems something definitely changed.

I simply for the life of me cannot understand why this change was made if UNKNOWN – setme / setme / setme was a totally reasonable way of giving the script commands.

There is NO shifting of columns.
any command has seven parameters param1 to param7
You already entered param1 param2 and param3 and param4 …

In the scripting command you still enter param1 param2 and param3 param4 They only named now ID, p1 p2 and p3…

when you entered the first column after the command, it is param1 which was ID… got it ?

I am definitely missing something here, so column 1 labelled as ID is still setme column 1?

So UNKNOWN and DO_SEND_SCRIPT_MESSAGE is exactly the same thing so my plan table should look like this below and row 2 and 4 will do exactly the same job?
DS1

Exactly, so there is no change, only the table headers…

I’m sorry but that makes no sense Sir.

You had four columns all called setme, no they are set.
Until now you entered setme, setme, setme and setme…
now you enter ID, p1, p2 and p3…

So according to you this is the same?
DS2

YESSSSSS
Sorry, I ran out of angles to explain it any other way.