Mission Planner Android

Maybe it would help to have some dummy files ready and click on those while saving, to get a file name?

ive fixed the name issue on an internal build

2 Likes

it now has bluetooth support

2 Likes

That sounds great - what kind of hardware is needed on the model to make use of it?

Hi, @Michael_Oborne

I was trying out the “follow me” function with a rover yesterday. Missionplanner uses the internal GPS of my android phone just fine and sends something to the rover. There is a rather large blue circle drawn on the map and the rover always drives to the same spot, no matter where the GCS is. It then sits there and twitches sometimes. The GCS never left the blue circle though. Is the blue circle the minimum distance between rover and GCS, before the rover starts following? If so, is there a way to configure the minimum distance?

I tested “follow me” with a SITL rover and my android phone. The blue circle is not the minimum distance. The simulated rover tries to follow any position change of the android GCS immediatly. I will have to test this with my real rover again. The rover works in guide mode (fly to here) without a problem. One other thing I noticed: I can not stop and restart the follow mode function without restarting Missionplanner.

Some more testing outdoors. The initial position Missionplanner reports in the Follow Me popup seems to be in the right spot, but it never gets updated. It always reports 10 sats and a hdop of 1.
Every restart of Missionplanner and the Follow Me function puts the initial position somewhere in the area of where Follow Me was started, but thats it.
Testing the smartphones GPS with another app shows 21 sats and a hdop of 0.5. The position of the map icon follows my actual position quite well.

Hi,

I’ve installed MP on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3.
I connect via UDP port 14550.
It DL parameters but then telemetry stopped streaming. If I read my flight plan the telemetry values are updated but still not streamed or read continuously.
I use the same IP address and UDP port on windows it works.
Is there something with the port 14550 on Android?

Best regards,
Cédric

1 Like

Same problem here. I would love to get this to work as a RTK base, perfect use case for the android app. A windows computer just for RTK is overkill.

1 Like

Hi again @Michael_Oborne,

is the “Follow me” function supposed to work with an internal Android smartphone GPS?
I tried it on a Xaomi Mi A2 (Android 10), a POCO X3 pro (Android 11) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 2016 running LineageOS. Other apps give me a fairly accurate position, but Missionplanner seems to be using a cell tower/network position and not the actual GPS data.
I also tried attaching an external GPS with USB OTG. Selecting it as the follow me source, the position is updating as it should.

Did you try setting “location” to “GPS only” in Android as a workaround? Be ready to confirm that step multiple times because Google won’t believe that you really want to bypass their WiFi database. :wink:

Good tip. I am going to try it as soon as my rover is up and running again.

There is something wrong with Missionplanners usage of the smartphones internal GPS/Position data. Every other app I tried gives me a relativly accurate position, that updates as I move around with the smartphone. This is with Google Position Accuracy enabled or disabled. Missionplanners reported Moving Base or Follow Me position jumps around randomly and never even comes close to a dozen meters of my actual position.

Hi, installed above the
Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 vers. 8.1.0 10 inches … my problem is that I don’t know what to do ha call up the screens using the controls CTRL F e CTRL A using the keyboard … which appears to me only in case I need to enter some values and in no other case …
so I was wondering how I can call CRTL F / CTRL A from the keyboard if this is not available to me except when I have to enter the values required by some parameter …

Goto the planner setting screen and down the bottom there is a testing screen checkbox. This is control-f

MissionPlanner just uses the location services. So do you have it allowed to use the GPS? Ie high power usage mode

Michael_Oborne

thanks tried and now ok I also have the ctrl f screen … but the one with ALT A where the parameters to enter x your drone appear according to the battery … the propeller … as you get

Missionplanner is allowed to use the position service while it is in use. The “Always” option is not available.

I have the Latest version of Mission Planner for android on both my Nexus 7 and Nvidia Shield and for the life of me I can’t seem to connect to my CubeOrange using a USB cable. I get a little progress window that pops up saying Waiting for ports and then a little window that says There was an unexpected error (Timeout waiting for autoscan/no mailing device connected) on both the Nexus and Shield.
In the Developer options in both devices Settings, under Select USB Configuration, I have RNDIS ( USB Ethernet) selected. Don’t know if that’s correct or not. BTW when I have the Cube plugged into the tablets, my only options are Auto, GPS, TCP, UDP, UDPCI and WS, neither of them show CubeOrange.
I don’t know what to do to get either of these Tablets working and would really hate to have to go out and purchase Another Tablet. Is there any information Anywhere that has how to setup a Tablet to run Mission Planner on it? Can I get some Help here Please, Thanks.

firstly, disable rndis and ethernet, as they are usb client devices. for the cube to conect to a phone the phone needs to be in usb host mode. also confirm you are using an otg cable from the phone.

On both of my Tablet’s under USB Configuration, I have five choices, Charging, Audio Source, MTP (media transfer protocol), PTP (picture transfer protocol), MIDI and then RNDIS (which you said not to use). Which one should it be? After changing the RNDIS (USB Ethernet) setting is there anything else I need turned on? Thanks a lot.

again, are you using a otg usb cable, this is required, so the tablet/phone knows it should go into usb host mode

1 Like