Mission plan file is not in the SD card of flight controller

I’m currently using Pixhawk flight controller version 2.4.8 and using Mission Planner as my application.
We connected the mission planner and flight controller, set the flight plan, including flight coordinates and height, in the mission plan, and uploaded it to the flight controller.
Afterwards, I tried to open the flight controller’s SD card on my PC and search for files related to the flight plan and mission plan, but they were not visible.
If you reconnect the mission planner and flight controller and read the flight plan, the previously set flight plan will be displayed clearly.
Additionally, the drone flies well according to the set flight plan.

To solve this problem, I checked the file format (FAT32) of the SD card and searched for various resources, but I have not been able to solve the problem yet.
Should I try replacing the SD card? Additionally, the photo is the px4 sd card layout posted by px4BuildeBot on github.
There are no directory files shown in the picture, and there is currently a directory called APM and three directories within it: Logs, STRG_BAK, and TERRAIN.
Is it possible for the flight plan file set in Mission Planner to be saved in a different format?

I think you need to use ArduPilot firmware 4.4.0 and configure it to store the mission on the SDcard for this to work.

Acording to you post you are using an old 4.0.x version.

1 Like

It’s not stored on the Sd card. But as @amilcarlucas says in the latest Stable version there is a way to do that.

1 Like

How does that work exactly?

Early FCs had FRAM flash, and parameters and WPs were stored on this chip. The later compatible flight controller defines some sectors of the ST chip as a container to stored these sectors. if it without a FRAM flash.

Your picture may refer to the PX4 firmware, which is also different from Ardupilot. It has long supported save that on TF cards and FRAM flash.

Google does help a lot with that issue:

hello. After checking, I found out that the flight mission data is not saved on the SD card, but in a memory called EEPROM inside the Pixhawk. After looking at the links of those who responded, I came across a method of saving to an SD card using LUA Scripts. However, I found an error message in Mission Planner that scripting was not possible due to a problem with the RAM memory capacity of my pixhawk 2.4.8. I’ve simplified the scripting, but the problem still persists. Do you know of any other method? For reference, the firmware version of my pixhawk 2.4.8 is ArduCopter 4.4.1. Additionally, thank you for your previous reply!!

You have an old (or unofficial copy) pixhawk with 1Mb memory.
You need to get a proper pixhawk with 2MB memory. Then the Lua Sripts will start to work

Are you using the fmuv3 firmware version? You should.

1 Like

yes I am using fmuv3 firmware version. And when I purchased the flight controller, I checked the information that it had 2MB of memory.

Then you should be able to enable scripting. But, an F4 is very limited in it’s capacity for scripting. Trash that generic 2.4.8 and replace it with an H7 based FC.