Missiobn Planner install on WIndows 8 Surface Pro tablet

Hi guys,

I’m stumped in my attempts at getting Mission Planner installed and running on my shiny new Windows 8 Surface Pro tablet. I’m not particularly experienced with Windows 8 (this is my first Windows computer in many years) but I generally understand that there are a ton of exciting new security features which must be circumvented.

Any tips? I’ve already made changes to allow unsigned drivers to install, switched to using the .zip install instead of the .msi, and tried running the application as ‘Administrator.’ My system (according to Windows Update) is fully up-to-date. I’ve also tried configuring the application to run in “Windows XP, Service Pack 3” mode.

All I get is a generic "Mission Planner is not responding’ error.

john

You have to update the graphics drivers with the latest drivers from intel. Then if you update mission planner you have to do it again. Must be some kind of bug, or something gets changed when mission planner installs. Reinstalling the graphics drivers seems to fix it though.

Apparently rolling back the driver to the previous version also works. As it turns out, this has been the cause of several problems I’ve been having since the latest Windows Update, and not just with Mission Planner.

Thanks!
john