Missing Load custom firmware link

Just downloaded latest version (1.2.99) and followed instructions for testing optical flow sensor but the Load custom firmware link is currently absent in Mission Planner. I saw videos showing it in previous versions. Is there a new way of doing this or was the link left out unintentionally in this version?

@eatnbugs,
Yes, there is a flaw in MP 1.2.99 in relation to being able to install custom firmware.
The solution that we used was to install an older version of MP which has the install custom firmware capability and then upgrade to 1.2.99.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Okay thank you for clearing that up. Can you tell me where I can download a previous version? I am only seeing the “permanent link to latest” option.
thanks.

@eatnbugs,
It turns out that the “install custom firmware” function is still in the MP, but is not visible on a fresh installation of MP.
The solution is to go to the Config/Tuning and select Planner. The bottom row of text has a box called “Advanced View”. Check that box and you should now see the hidden text in the Initial Setup Install Firmware window.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Yep that worked.
Thank you very much!