Minimosd - nothing on screen

I have apm and minimosd connected.
i can see onscreen info from my copter.
if i connect the usb i read on the display "NO MAVLINK DATA"
i think it is correct since when i unplug the usb, the mavlink data start to arrive and writes are reported on the display.

This is the problem: sometimes, after takeoff the labels (the onscreen info) disappear from the display (i continue to see only the video from the camera).
In this situation i can continue to fly, but i can’t never see again the onscreen info until i reset the APM and minimosd (i unplugged the battery).

I also tried to reset the minimosd without success.

This is the question: What is the difference between the message “NO MAVLINK DATA” and the absence of onscreen info?

i hope that your answer could help me in the troubleshooting.
actually i don’t know if the problem is the apm or the minimosd.

thank you.

No mav link data means the apm is not sending any data to the minimosd. No text at all is the minimosd having an issue, possibly browning out.

thank you.
so i must concentrate on minimosd.
i supply it with the same +5V that supplies the APM (it comes from a BEC)
Could it be possible that too much vibrations causes these problems on minimosd?
What could i check?

Vibrations are unlikely I’d have thought.
My minimosd used to blink off every flight, sometimes after a few seconds other times it would take a few minutes.
I used to have the 5v from the apm telemetry wiring powering the osd (as per the instructions) but after I started powering the osd with its own 5v ubec I’ve not had a single problem with it. That’s also with the 2 solder joints made so it doesnt need 12v on the video side of the osd.

[quote=“MarkM”]Vibrations are unlikely I’d have thought.
My minimosd used to blink off every flight, sometimes after a few seconds other times it would take a few minutes.
I used to have the 5v from the apm telemetry wiring powering the osd (as per the instructions) but after I started powering the osd with its own 5v ubec I’ve not had a single problem with it. That’s also with the 2 solder joints made so it doesnt need 12v on the video side of the osd.[/quote]

Forgive me, i’m not sure if i well understood:

You had my same problem in my same configuration (power from APM).
Finally you solved the problem by powering the minimosd with a dedicate BEC (from another ESC).
did i correctly understood?

Almost, I use a totally separate ubec just for the minimosd not one of the esc bec’s.

i suppose that BECs from the ESC are stable enough since they can be used to supply the APM.
Am i Wrong?
I did this modification. I’ll fly as soon as possible and I’ll post here the results.

the strange thing is that i had this problem few times at the beginning of my tests, then i haven’t any problem for at least 10 flights. now the problem is returned again. Isn’t it strange?