minimOSD home arrow off and other stuff

Hello:

Noob here with APM 2.5 and minimOSD.

I have it running, but there are a couple of things that don’t want to act correctly.

1. I want to display “efficiency” and mA used, and even though the CT shows it displayed, when I power up everything, efficiency doesn’t show up.

2. The home arrow is pathetic in pointing home. Most of the time, it doesn’t point within 90deg of home unless I’m flying back toward home. Most times I see 10 satellites. Also calibrated the APM compass if that has anything to do with it.

The setup:
3DR APM 2.5 f/w 3.01 with GPS and current sensor
I have setup the configuration in APM for the current sensor and the parameters in SR0 and SR3 per wiki.

3DR minimOSD board 1.1, f/w 2.3.0.9 and that character set
I power both sides of the minimOSD updating the charset

Mission Planner ver 1.2.87

Any help appreciated…
Ron

I too have the same problem sir.

I am currently using a PX4 board with the MinimOSD. Even my home arrow is whacky. Its only accurate when i am returning home.

I suspect that we have to carry out the RSSI calibration in order for it to work correctly. I have not done that myself. Have you?

Plus there is something wrong with the battery voltage indicator. It exponentially drops to 10V right after plugging in and then I just get the low battery warning throughout my flight.
I do not have GPS installed yet. I am hoping that this false battery voltage warning doesnt kick in the RTL failsafe every time i fly when i do install the GPS.

I am hoping that this false battery voltage warning doesnt kick in the RTL failsafe every time i fly when i do install the GPS.

Just make sure the parameters for that are 0, then it won’t work

[quote=“Jack3M”]I am hoping that this false battery voltage warning doesnt kick in the RTL failsafe every time i fly when i do install the GPS.

Just make sure the parameters for that are 0, then it won’t work[/quote]

I am worried about the same thing too. Thanks for tip though!

I got mine connected and I have some issues as well, and unable to correct them, even moving the ‘item’ about various points in the screen display.

2.5 apm 3dr, 3dr tx, Ublox, 5.8 vid, Skyzone goggles. … using the onboard compass on this one.

In particular, the horizon does not move as the aircraft moves on the goggle visual, but computer shows functional sensors and hud works there, correctly.

The ‘home arrow’ will not show at all, but the waypoint arrow will show.

Compass works fine, gps locks, pitch and roll indicators work properly, but no motion nor line on the horizon indicator, just the scales on either side and the little arrows.

I reinstalled the current firmware without change. I don’t do numbers well so I forgot what version, but the most recent I could find for the OSD firmware.

Can one of the admins comment on this?

Unfortunately, all your questions are software-related and this is the hardware support forum where you ask questions e.g. how to connect the OSD.

There’s several different software versions and variants for the MinimOSD. To get a solution for your problem, you will probably have to find out, where (in which forum) the author of the version you are using is hanging out and ask there.

oh… we have to post this qn on the wiki page for the minimosd extra page i guess…