Mini osd overlay disappear?

@xingxing the character issue after flashing MWOSD is likely due to a charset mismatch, as MWOSD and minimOSD charsets are not interchangeable. make sure you’re using the right *.mcm file required for the respective firmware.
in case you want to go back to minimOSD fw, you’ll likely need to clear eeprom first. a respective sketch can be found in the minimOSD repo’s tools folder iirc.

cheers, basti.

Can I reset the eeprom in the mini osd config tool. I reset the eeprom in the config tool, but the issue still exists.

—Original—

did you first try flashing with the correct character set.

NO,I think I have flash the character set but not sure the font is match with the Firmware. can you send me your Firmware with the right character set?my email:304676018@qq.com. I just plug in the wrong line that cause short circuit, but the osd seems still ok, l don’t know how to flash back to mini osd FW right now. besides do you know how to check the osd whether it’s good or not. according to MWOSD manual, I can flash debug Firmware, but it can not be flashed any other Firmware, I didn’t know how to check the osd in debug mode. the manual ask to check the value of PKT and RX value. I didn’t know what’s that mean.

—Original—

the flashing stop , any advice?thank you.

—Original—

Here is a link to the files

Thats updated Ricky?

It’s what I had. There may be newer…but I was asked for what I was using.

So is MWOSD Arudcopter compatible.

Im using this one, I hope the most update. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2591835-New-MinimOSD-fork

Thanks I have an OSD I need to flash.

cheers

1 Like

You have more functions and more screens here, new modes are included too.

thanks cala,i fix the problem eventually,the step blew :slight_smile:

1. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2591835-New-MinimOSD-fork;downlad and flash the latest mini osd firmware according to the link.
    2.ref to mini osd extra wiki :https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM set the folowing parameter:
    SERIAL1_BAUD, 57 (telemetry output at 57600)

SR1_EXT_STAT, 2 ( 2hz for waypoints, GPS raw, fence data, current waypoint, etc)

SR1_EXTRA1, 5 ( 5hz for attitude and simulation state)

SR1_EXTRA2, 10 ( 10hz for VFR_Hud data )

SR1_EXTRA3, 3 ( 3hz for AHRS, Hardware Status, Wind )

SR1_POSITION, 2 ( 2hz for location data )

SR1_RAW_SENS, 2 ( 2hz for raw imu sensor data )

SR1_RC_CHAN, 5 ( 5hz for radio input or radio output data )

If you fly copter than you also need to set SR0 also:

SR0_EXT_STAT, 2

SR0_EXTRA1, 5

SR0_EXTRA2, 10

SR0_EXTRA3, 3

SR0_POSITION, 2

SR0_RAW_SENS, 2

SR0_RC_CHAN, 5
3.https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra/issues/121
disable either BRD_SER1_RTSCTS or BRD_SER2_RTSCTS by setting it to 0 (or maybe both) in parameter tree ,this is very important step ,I set both to 0
and the osd works OK except the flight mode and real fight didn’t work ,I suppose it’s a bug of fimware.maybe it can’t be fix by night ghost .please find my topic in GitHub
https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra/issues/236

1 Like

Make sure you flashed the Mavlink verson and not the PX4 version too. Otherwise flightmodes dont show properly andI think some other values show as zeros.

I have flash mavlink and px4 ,all of the version can’t show the right mode.

Hello
I wonder why my Micro OSD after an update to Copter/stable-4.2.2/Pixhawk1 no longer works, with the oh-so-familiar message: No Heartbeat, please who wants to tell me that my OSD is defective, I may say, no it is fine!
Fatal that if I take Ground Control and set up the copter again, then I have OSD
Under Mission Planner the on 4.2.2.Pixhawk1 nothing, no OSD, only the message No Heartbeat!
Why are the developers only on the oh so new great out and neglect what for the modeler who also flies older copter and is dependent on an OSD in the FPV?
Maybe one of the gentlemen is so kind and can please understand my problem? Thanks

The new firmware versions default to mavlink2 on the serial ports.
You will need to set the serial port that your OSD is connected to Mavlink1
For example
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL,1

Too bad that you as a user of older hardware is so skipped, that in a version 4.0.0 there have then still MavLink 1 and in the 4.2.2 is then gone to MavLink 2, because it is but certainly required by the industry?
Sorry here something is wrong!

Have you set your port to Mavlink1 and the OSD worked ?

The Dev’s debate any changes like this quite seriously before changing a default value. I believe it was chosen to default to Mavlink2 on serial ports because there are so few Mavlink1 devices now. Almost every user was forced to go and change serial ports from Mavlink1 (the old default) to Mavlink2 to be useful.
Anyone who has gone through setting up their OSD device on a serial port should be capable of setting the port back to Mavlink1.

Hello
I was on vacation
Have now installed the 4.2.2 and changed the parameters, yes it works.
But please think in the future also of the modelers who still use a 2.4.8 Pixhawk, because there are still many who enjoy this