MFE Freeman 2100 +pixhawk 2.4.8 kit

Hello all,
I recentlt got a Makeflyeasy Freeman 2100 vTOL kit. I am trying to get everything working right before I start flight testing the aircraft. I am pretty new to drones and flight controllers in general and have run into a few issues that I can’t figure out. I am using mission planner (ardupilot software) to help me set up my drone.

Issue 1: motors 1,3, and 4 take longer than normal to connect. Issue 2: When they do connect, motors 1, 3, and 4 start spinning up without any input from my radio. My expectation is that none of the motors should be spinning until I give input with my transmitter. if I put my roll/pitch stick to the top-right most position as well as the throttle/yaw stick to the bottom-left most position all the motors stop spinning. I want to be able to verify that the motors respond the way they should to what I command from my transmitter as well as input from the IMU/magnetometer. I am using a pixhawk 2.4.8 with a Spektrum AR8020T reciever and a Spektrum NX8 transmitter. I am also using a Ublox m8 gps module.

Any help or resource you could provide would be greatly appreciated

First upgrade the flight controller to the latest firmware.

Connect PMU+flight control+GPS+airspeed meter+data transmission module to eliminate all alarms from the ground station.

After confirming that there is no error reported by the flight controller, install it on the aircraft for debugging.

Thank you for replying. Sorry it took me so long to get back. I updated to the latests firmware and connected all of my devices except for the airspeed sensor because I haven’t gotten one yet. I have also successfully re-calibrated the accelerometer, compass, and radio. am still not getting my motors to spin up correctly. I think it may have something to do with the servo outputs but I’m not sure what to do about it. I should see some min value for the motor channels which are servo9 - servo12. I’ll try and upload screenshots of what I’m talking about. What do I need to do to enable the servo outputs to control the motors? If I am doing the wrong thing, what should I be doing instead.

The installation and debugging of the flight control are in order. Install the official documents step by step, do not skip, this is the most time-saving way.
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/quadplane-support.html

If your mission becomes valuable (such that the cost of the servos isn’t a primary factor), I’d like to make you aware of a couple products of ours, which you may find interesting. We offer a couple of micro servos (100oz-in and 150oz-in) that fit perfectly within the stabs, plus an all-alloy 905oz-in robotic-type brushless servo capable of accepting a 3S source and expressly designed to swing the motor/prop 90° to translate from vertical lift to forward flight. These are rugged and have all metal gear trains.

John Beech - GM (and janitor)
www.promodeler.com
407-302-3361

Rather than run the risk of having these marketing cross-posts taken down create one (1) detailed Blog post…