Mesh telemetry radio

Hello. Once, our company faced the problem of controlling a large number of drones. The main problem was in the organization of communication. You need huge and expensive equipment. As a result, the idea was born to develop a communication channel that supports grid technology. During the operation, additional features appeared to solve the narrowly focused tasks of our small company. Now we have decided to appeal to the community. Probably, you will be interested in this functionality too:

Wi-Fi Mesh network.

Range of communication on WiFi on printed antenna 50m in the city and up to 400m in the field. Range 868MHz > 4 km in open visibility (in the field)

Retransmission capability*

Wireless upload of photo points *

Wireless downloading of logs *

Mobile application for device management

Synchronization in the cloud:

• Flight missions

• Points of photographing*

• Photos *

• Log files *

Setting up software modules from your phone via WiFi *

Built-in support for MAVLink.

Cooperation between devices without a base station*

Offline maps in the mobile app (Mbtiles)

Video transmission *

Implementation in power bank format (via OTG) *

Real-time trajectory collision correction*.

Connection to MP QGC via UDP

• something (*) that has not yet been implemented or in developing.

Not everything on the list is implemented perfectly.

How does it work now? The ground module is an access point

to which “operators”

such as mobile phones, or a computer are connected. There are two ways of communication presently: WiFi 2.4 GHz and FSK 868 MHz (at the moment, not a grid but a star with repeaters). Further, all control is carried out by UDP Protocol through MAVLink. We are going to publish a mobile application within 1-2 months.

The purpose of this message is to understand whether this product can help you or your company, to hear comments and suggestions.

1 Like

Hi Promistrio,
I have been reading your post a couple of times, and sorry to say, I cannot yet figure out what it is your solution is trying to do. You started with stating you need to solve the problem of controlling a large amount of drones. I thought that was like controlling multiple drones in flight, but I read your solution as a way to have ground “maintenance” of a large amount of drones. When I think about a mesh network for drones, I do not see necessarily smartphones coming into play, but I see a group of airborne drones having communication with eachother over an a mesh network which shapes and self controls itself “in the air”. Neighbour awareness stuff…
Maybe a simple connection diagram and some interfaces/connection diagrams would help to form my (and other readers) opinion.
Grtz
John