Medium copter 650 Build blheli 32 settings

Greetings folks. Thank you for reading.

I am planning on building the Tarot 650 Ironman quad with 530 kv motors and 11 or 12 inch CF propellers using a 6s battery and 4 in 1 Tekko ESC.

Will it run fine on stock settings or are there reccomended settings that I need to change besides the Temp and Low volatage settings.

Kind Regards

Make sure you have timing at auto and frequency at “by RPM” but everything else should be fine. If F4 there is a bug in temp so switch it off.

Thanks Andy. Appreicate your input

Keep in mind that you probably don’t want to load that frame too much. It’s a great frame but not that ridged. I would also not recommend using the built in PDB board. Once you’ve soldered on the pads next to the inner arm mounts you won’t be able to utilize the folding feature.

You should also swap the motor mounts as soon as possible. The plastic included once are crap. Mine broke and I landed with a motor twisted at 20 degrees. I pretty quickly changed to fully metal once. I tried the one from tarot with built in dampening which caused some issues so I hard-mounted the motor which worked much better.

I also switched to 400mm arms to support 17 and 18 inch props. That also puts more load on the frame main hub.

Now it’s been like 5 years and the frame has lasted and it still working well!

Greetings Axel. I dont have the Pro version. I dont like the whole Built n PDB design. I ordered the 16mm suspension arm motor mounts.

What issues did you get from the suspension mounts as I ordered them?

https://www.tarot-rc.com/16mm-suspension-motor-mount-tl68b33-tl68b34-p2562792.html

The 650 I ordered comes with the hard mounts.

The mounts allow the propeller disc to flex a bit in all directions which result in a movement the firmware thinks should not be there. It can also introduce strange vibrational frequencies. It might work for you and it might not. It needs to be tested. One thing I noticed is that with the dampening the drone was much quieter but I think the disc flexing or bending caused my issues. It was easier to tune after I head-mounted it and felt more locked in.

1 Like