Meaning of LEDs on Pixhawk2.1?

I have been unable to find any documentation here or elsewhere on the meaning of various LED colors/patterns on Pixhawk2.1. Certain combinations of telem1 Tx and Rx signal and ground connected to both Dragonlink 1W AdvancedRx and Dragonlink OSD cause my Pixhawk2.1 to not boot, but to remain stuck in a flashing amber light sequence. Can’t find any docs on what that means.

Kelly

Does this help? http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-leds-pixhawk.html?highlight=led

Thanks, but I believe that page is for Pixhawk1 only. Pixhawk2.1 is different.

Kelly

Hrm. I’ve never noticed any difference in the use cases I’ve done… you’re talking about the LEDs on the Here GPS, right?

Where did you see that they are different?

No, I am referring to the LEDs and at the junction between the Cube and the carrier board on PH2.1. Quite different than the Pixhawk 1 LEDs, and having nothing to do with Here GPS.

Kelly

Hi, I’m in the same boat, cannot find any description of what the LED’s at the base of the cube are indicating.
I have a solid orange at the front left corner and a rapid flashing orange at the left rear corner.
I also cannot get any USB or telemetry connection. ( it has worked recently )
It’s like a FMU or I/O error leds in the Pix 1.
Does anyone know where these LED’s are documented?
Marty.

Hi, I’m in the same boat, cannot find any description of what the LED’s at
the base of the cube are indicating.
I have a solid orange at the front left corner and a rapid flashing orange
at the left rear corner.

You could be stuck in the bootloader, usually caused by an incomplete
flash.

Try reflashing the firmware as a first step.

Hello, All,

The meaning of the light on Here would be follow:

Solid any color - Armed

Breathing any color - Standby

Amber - Low battery or Fail safe (Return to home, etc)

Blue - GPS not locked

Green - GPS Locked

Fast Blink & Red - Arming error

Blink & Red - Other error

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for that information. Where did you find this information? Is it documented somewhere, or tribal lore passed down through the generations?

Kelly

I can’t tell that @xiewei23307 read the exchange above?

I had similar problem of not booting and flashing orange.
My guess is insufficient power because it always happens when powered via USB but never when powered via power module.

The led light in the cube is similar in meaning to the led light in pixhawk1. If it stuck in flashing amber light means it is not booted completely. You may look in to the boot log in SD card to see any errors.

Hi, Kelly,

I found the info from Hex Technology, lol, I am the staff from Hex.

Eric

Thanks Eric. I suspected you might be part of design or mfg team. :slightly_smiling_face: What other info you got that Cube owners might want to know?

Kelly

What does it mean when you get solid orange on battery, and rapid flashing orange powered by USB but it never boots or connects to MP

What does it mean when you get solid orange on battery, and rapid flashing
orange powered by USB but it never boots or connects to MP

Means you’ve got a bad flash and the bootloader is refusing to boot to the
badly-flashed code.

You should be able to reflash it using MP - something about “force
bootloader” or something - sorry, I’ve never used it for flashing…

I got the firmware to flash via USB, now on battery it will still not boot
Just stays orange

I have given up, I will chuck in a drawer in hopes that maybe someone can figure out what is going on.

I worry about suggesting something you’ve already eliminated, but could it be a low-battery issue?

I wish, it does it on battery or directly plugged into a USB
this is the led at the base of the cube, not the LED that are standard indicators on the Here or other