Maverick: A dummy wants to give it a try

Otg is tricky because of the dual role and the config pin within the cables , this explain more
https://www.edn.com/design/communications-networking/4346710/Understanding-USB-On-The-Go

… I am surprised the UAVCAN has not been yet discussed as a potential solution candidate

well, I can’t say I really understand anything of this

so, to make it simpler, and to not clutter the discussion with too much bylines, let’s not consider a direct usb-usb connection to a pc, but a 3DR telemetry unit … which would essentially be a usb-ttl - to - ttl-usb bridge between RPi and PC

the main question remains: how to configure mavproxy in maverick to handle two serial/usb ports?

@LuisVale as mentioned before, I’m not interested in applications where one could get away with one uart

EDIT: albeit it might be a bit OT for this thread, I maybe could detail what I’m actually after in the long run: I’d like to achieve what could be called “solo smartshots without solo”. Of course “smartshots” would not have to be limited to solo’s smartshots, but they could be starting points. This isn’t an easy goal (for me), as there are quite a couple of tricky (for me) issues on various ends. One is that the topology on the aircraft is quite different in the solo to the canonical companion computer arrangement in ArduPilot. The solo’s topology one could call companion-centric while ArduPilot’s canonical topology could be called flight-controller-centric. However, IMHO, and I’m convinced thereof, the solo’s topology is wisely chosen. So what as a first step I try to achieve is a topology more similar to the solo’s topology. Hope this helps clarifying my attitude a bit.

First:

I totally agree about the topology, and a shift in thinking that needs to happen in order for ardupilot based drones to start moving to the next level - something I think unlikely to happen in the near future.

oohhh WAU

1. as always you’re a light year ahead of me, great!
  2. I’m really soo glad that you agree with my topological conclusions … I mean, I don’t know what they were discussing but I know there was (or is) a companion group who likely have discussed all aspects ad nauseam, so I would have expected some objection here … so, it’s good to see that at least two seem to be on the same page here
  3. I don’t agree that it has to be to be unlikely to happen in the near future … there is nearly zero dependency on ArduPilot, i.e. it largely has what one needs, it’s only a question of will … since we are now already two, there one has some deep knowledge (=not me ;)), I would actually be rather optimistic :slight_smile:
1 Like