MAV_CMD_CONDITION_YAW in high rate cause choppy movement

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working with ArduPilot and an Orange Cube. I have encountered an issue while sending multiple MAV_CMD_CONDITION_YAW commands. The drone starts to rotate as expected, but upon receiving the second command, it abruptly stops its rotation and resumes movement. My goal is to make the drone face a specific location while flying in a different direction, which requires sending multiple yaw commands at a high rate to maintain its heading.

I still encounter choppy movement when using the MAV_CMD_CONDITION_YAW command relative to the drone’s position in high rates. For example, instructing the drone to rotate 10 degrees multiple times to complete a circle results in a choppy motion.

I’m wondering if there are any adjustments I can make within Mission Planner or the ArduPilot settings to address this problem. Additionally, I’m curious if there’s an option to remain on a higher version of ArduPilot and apply a fix for this issue. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

We would greatly appreciate if you would not post the same question on three different topics. Thank you.

I understand but it’s related to all of those topics.
since I run ardupilot 4.3.7 issue happen then moved lower to 4.0.xx then it’s related to the mission planner.

So if I recap:
The issue can be related to different topics.

1. bad settings in mission planner
  2. 4.3.7 bug
  3. 4.0.xx bug
    (This email was sent from a mobile device)