MAUCH soldering to PDB

Hello,

I would like to solder the power cables to the PCB as in the diagram below:

Does this solution have any consequences? I would like to use a Vulcan 400A v2 power board. The original Mauch diagram looks like this:

That would be equivalent except for maybe having higher inductance.

1 Like

Personally I’d go with the APD power distribution board. It is top quality and it has a built in 5v BEC and 12v BEC for accessories.

The PDB500 , although excess to requirements does also have a 5v 3A regulator (instead of only 1A on the 360) so you’d be able to avoid using an external BEC to power the FC and sensor hub.

Is the second Mauch 200A sensor required in the Mauch set in which I would like to connect two 6S LiPo packages in series? Please look at the diagram, does it make sense?

No.
In series the current is the same through both batteries. As such only one current sensor is required.

1 Like

I have got on board 6x T-MOTOR MN605-S with 60A ESC, 22" props and 2x Tattu 6s 16000mAh 15C (series connection). MTOM is around 12-16kg.
How do you think the one MAUCH sensor 200A is enough for that set, or do I need sensor with higher amperage?

It depends which MN605-S you have.
The KV170 will be 35A x 6 = 210A
The KV320 will be 55A x 6 = 330A - too much for a 200A sensor.

If you have the KV320 motors MAYBE you could run three motors through one sensor and three motors through a second sensor???
A bit strange but it would give reasonable current readings, and you’d have to add them together for total current.

1 Like

It is certainly a workaround solution, but you would have to ensure that one of the sensors is wired in such a way that the aux current is also being measured. (FC, Servos, companion computer if installed,…)
Unless you have such little aux.current that it won’t really matter.

I would also be very careful in regards to rated max. current. There is constant current and often the max. current is based on short bursts like 15 seconds or so.
Mauch is usually very good in that regards and provides clear and full specs for the products they sell.

1 Like

I have MN605-S 170KV for 12s.
I also have a Mauch 200A sensor, but I have seen that there is also a Mauch 250A sensor on the market. I think it’s the same sensor but with thicker 8AWG wires (Tattu 6s 16000mAh has 10AWG wires).
If you were me, would you replace the 200A sensor with a 250A sensor in this kit for extra safety?

If someone is selling a 250A sensor they are lying about the brand. Mauch Electronics dont have a 250A sensor listed, and it’s not about the cable size either.
What makes it 200A (or not) is the Hall effect sensor on the board.

1 Like

I wonder if the hall sensor can handle more than 200A and not burn out, or if 200A is the maximum reading limit?

That certainly looks like a Mauch and specifies the Allegro Hall Sensor ACS770-250U. Just ensure it is a reputable seller.
Mauch dont list it on their website, but maybe that needs updating.

These sensors can handle overcurrent, but will only measure up to the specified current.
Also in Arducopter there’s a motor current limit and time constant. So I’d say you could use the 200A sensor quite safely because you’ll almost never be on 100% throttle.
MOT_BAT_CURR_MAX
MOT_BAT_CURR_TC
Voltage and current monitoring needs to be accurate, which it would be with a Mauch sensor.

1 Like