Mauch / Battery values appear incorrect

I’m using AC4.4.0 on CubeOrange+ with a Mauch PL-200A unit and a 16Ah/12S battery.

I have entered the volt and amp values from Mauch (BATT_VOLT_MULT=60.248 and BATT_AMP_PERVLT=19.043 A/V); MAVLink BATTERY_STATUS voltages report 65534, 65534, approx 21300, 65535, 65535, 65535… (and so on; the first two are 65534)

The battery currently reads 48.2V on a voltmeter, but QGroundControl is reporting 152.4V.

Am I missing something?

First check with voltmeter voltages at the cable or connector:

• Supply: 5V.
  • 48/60=0.8V at the voltage pin.
  • Some low voltage value at the current pin.

Then check pin assignments at the FC. You can also inject known values from a potentiometer or resistors combination (without the Mauch) at those FC pins and check.

1 Like

The issue isn’t the AP, apparently.

Supply is 5.3V as promised
The current pin has a small mV value
The Voltage pin is 2.51V, which with the Mauch multiplier would spit out about 150V at QGC.

There doesn’t seem to be any visual problems with the Mauch PL 4-14S HYB-BEC and the PL-200/8 sensor board — all the lights come on.

Obviously, I can just calculate a different multiplier (19.2), but the unit had been reporting correctly.

Is there something else to look for?

(1/2)*5V: strange. You better disconnect the Mauch completely from the FC, connect to it 5V and to batteries (2S, 3S, 4S…48V (common GND)), or use a potentiometer at 48V, and test voltage measurement alone first (at various voltages).

Check for ground wire continuity between all components, FC, Mauch and so on.
The Mauch current sensors rely on the small ground wire as a reference since the main battery ground wire doesnt pass through the sensor board like the battery + does.

Is this your PM ?

If it is your PM, did you pay attention to this: