MATEK H743 mini RC in issue

Please can you try wiping the board by flashing plane and then flashing copter again and see if that makes it work. If not it is likely an incompatibility with the RX you are using.

In the morning I first flashed 2Mbyte_all_zero.bin, than MatekH743_bl.bin and at the end arducopter_with_bl.hex, v4.3.3 rc1. Do you think it is an incompatibility because my omnibus f4 board was running with ardupilot 4.07? Same transmitter and sat receiver.

Almost impossible to say without a Saleae trace, the timing did change in different versions

Can you please shortly describe how to get the important values with a Salea trace?

You would need to put a probe on the signal pin of the RX and capture a short trace with the RX bound - maybe also do something predictable like change roll across its maximum range

I get a DX9 on Monday and will test my setup with this transmitter.

Can you get a genuine spekky RX? It will work much better. Better yet get an SRXL2 RX - you will be much happier with the result. E.g. SPM4650

Thank you for your hint, I’ll give it a try!

The copter is in the air! I just changed from DSM2 Spektrum Module for Graupner MC24 to a Spektrum DX7 Transmitter and RC calibration is done. Maybe the Spektrum Module does not really have 22ms but 20ms which makes the timing problem within Ardupilot. The receiver is still the orange R110X and the protocol DSM2. Thank’s for your support!

1 Like

Glad you got it working, i too use a dx7 and then the spektrum or hyperion dsm2 satellites, always been no problem connecting to ardupilot

Probably late but for future users.

I have a Matek H743 SLIM which I believe is almost the same with the Mini, and the following configuration worked fine with an old Spektrum DSMII satellite:

BRD_ALT_CONFIG 1
SERIAL7_OPTIONS 3
SERIAL7_PROTOCOL 23
RSSI_TYPE 0
RC_OPTIONS 32
RC_PROTOCOLS 32
SERIAL7_BAUD 115

After the initial flight I moved to ERLS as I got a few radio failsafes with the DSMII satelite, no crash thanks to SmartRTL (I wish I had on my Helis!), and I could not make the DSM-X satelite ever bind. The difference between DSMII and ERLS 3.2.1 is very noticeable!

I used to bind with an rx and the bridge plug, the n disconnect the sat off the rx and plug it into fc

That’s the way I binded my Spektrum DSMII sat. receiver too. The same procedure did not work for a DSMX sat. receiver. After binding and getting a solid light on the DSMX sat. receiver from the Rx, then connect it to the FC it went back to binding mode (flashing light).