Matek F765 wing gps not reporting satellites

I cannot get the GPS to report satellites on the MP. Here is the config:
Running 4.0.5 FW
Serial port 3 setup for GPS, I have tried all baud rates
Wiring: Tx to Rx, Rx to Tx, compass and power obvious.
GPS red led solid red, and blue flashing (blue flashing means satellites acquired).

Has anyone tested these FC with GPS? I have tried serial port 4 as well with no luck. Could it be defective board?

this board’s default primary gps port is on pins Rx2 / Tx2 that happen to be in line with the CL1 / DA1 pins for mag connection. mind that those hardware pins Tx2 and Rx2 are adressed as SERIAL3 in missionplanner.

the usual ublox type gps chipsets require no individual parameter adjustments if connected to the default gps port as it‘s set to autobaud and autoprotocol.

the usual suspects for gps setup issues are connection fault (rx / tx, wrong port), testing without unobstructed sky view or a flaky solder-job on the pins. imho a primary hardware fault is considerably less likely.

cheers, basti.

Thank you Basti, you fixed my problem!
It was my interpretation of the Arduplane documentation “SERIAL3 = GPS1 = USART2

So basically follow Matek wiring diagram, but in MP set parameters per the Ardupilot documentation (its not one-to-one).

Thanks again.

Hello. I have the exact same issue but I do not know how to set the parameters so that the we get SERIAL 3 = GPS1 = USART2. I’m new to this and have been looking in the parameter tree but not finding anything obvious. Any know how to do this step by step. Thanks

Use Rx6 pin for sbus, and set your parameter in Mission Planner for GPS in Serial3 to be GPS.

@carlybaby69 no need to adjust any parameter settings if you connect your GPS to Rx2 / Tx2 pins. see respective wiki page and matek’s ardupilot mapping documentation for reference.

basti is correct (My bad eye sight), I am using Rx2/Tx2 for GPS and Rx6 for RC.