Matek 765 flight controller

You need to explain this further. I suspect your servo set up is not correct and that’s why it didn’t work. In a transmitter Heli model it uses channel 6 for the collective output. The firmware is not designed that way it uses the throttle output from the transmitter for the collective.

I don’t know what you’re doing here. There are parameters for RC mapping of the four major controls but you should not mess with this.

I am not aware of this. Send me your current param file I will adjust it or tell you what parameters to set in order to get this working. Please set your transmitter model back to airplane with no mixing

Bill
I tried the setup both in airplane and heli mode’s on my TX had the same out come i get the pitch control from the FC on sc3 and i get rudder or yaw on sc4 but then i don’t get elevator or aileron on any of the other servo channels no matter what i try thanks for looking at the data and your help
adrupilot.zip (6.6 KB)

Here are the changes to params. Be sure to set the Transmitter model back to airplane
RCMAP_PITCH 2

SERVO1_FUNCTION 31 - HeliRSC
SERVO2_FUNCTION 0
SERVO3_FUNCTION 33 - motor 1
SERVO4_FUNCTION 34 - motor 2
SERVO5_FUNCTION 35 - motor 3
SERVO6_FUNCTION 36 - motor 4
SERVO7_FUNCTION 0
SERVO8_FUNCTION 0

Connect your swashplate to the servo outputs for motors 1, 2 , and 3 following the wiki for the type of swashplate you have. Connect the yaw servo to servo output for motor 4.

Bill
Thank you i will set the FC as you have outlined and let you know how it work’s out many thanks

T-rex 500Pro & Matek F765 wing Arducopter 4.0.3

@zhangsir I have never set this board up before. Are the servo assignments correct? It looks like the ESC is controlled by servo 1 or 2

Bill
I changed all the settings following your list connected the unit up to the heli and tried the system out it looked like everything started working i went through the controls i had to reverse the pitch control in the FC no big deal but 2 thing’s occurred first the throttle was reversed again i set the FC to reverse that channel but then the motor went full throttle no control from throttle stick don’t know what’s causing this i tried to adjust the setting’s in servo one but found no change can you advise what to change here.

The second thing that happened was while i was working on the above the rudder servo went to the full throw and i guess kept trying to drive the servo until it overheated and burnt out one the resister’s on the board in the servo ordered a new one, many thanks for your help

Hi I am trying to set this board up so far not working correctly yet but i have progress with the help of Bill on this forum, the ESC is on either SC1 or SC2

Not sure what the issue is here. First I want to make this very clear, the throttle stick has NOTHING to do with the throttle servo output UNLESS you are using RSC_MODE 3 which is the throttle curve mode. And even then, the flight controller must be armed and motor interlock enabled (throttle hold off). Ensure that RC8_REVERSED is zero and SERVO1_REVERSED is Zero. After reading your comments again. It sounds like you don’t know how to start the motor. At least initially, I would recommend you use RSC_MODE set to 2 (setpoint). Then you will need to ensure that the switch you assigned for motor interlock is low (PWM < 1400). Next you will arm the flight controller and then you can flip the motor interlock switch high to start the motor. Verify this procedure works.

I’m sorry to hear about your servo. I’m assuming this was a servo that uses the 760us as the center with a range of 600us to 1000us. If this is the case, you will need to set the tail rotor servo (Motor 4) max, min and trim that is appropriate for this servo.

Hello Guy’s
Back again, i received finally my Bn 880 compass & GPS and my new servo’s as well first i am trying to get the matek 765 board to recognize my new compass GPS so i got it to see the compass but Qground control say’s it needs to be calibrated but i can’t get the program to calibrate the unit the calibrate segment is grayed out do i need to turn something on some where in the config i looked before posting and have not found anything that worked thanks in advance for any and all help

Dennis,
You would be best to post this in the Copter 3.6 or Copter 4.0 thread (depending on your firmware version). It would get a lot more attention especially since your question is not heli specific.

Bil my apologies still getting acclimated to all the areas thank you

Dennis,
No apologies needed. Just wanted to make sure that it gets the attention you need. I’m not a hardware guy so I couldn’t tell you how to fix it. There might be someone on this discussion thread but you’d be better off posting it in one of the copter threads.