Mapping/Bathymetry Boat

Hi everyone,

I’m building a boat in order to make 3D bathymetric rendering. I’m using :

• Pixhawk
  • Mission Planner
  • Firmware : ArduRover v3.0.0
  • Transmitter : Spektrum DX6i
  • Receiver : Spektrum AR7700
  • Motor+ESC : 2*T100 Thrusters with ESC from BlueRobotics (http://docs.bluerobotics.com/thrusters/)

I encounter a difficulty when I want to arm my Pixhawk after all calibration. I can’t arm with my transmitter. The left stick control Throttle and Yaw, and the right stick control Pitch and Roll. So I try to hold the right stick (steering stick I supposed) on the right but nothing happen.
When I press the arming button on my ground station, my pixhawk is armed (fix blue light) but it still appear DISARMED on GCS.

Someone can please help me ?

I try to fix this problem since 3 days. When I load ArduPlane firmware V3.6.0 on my Pixhawk I can arm without any problem (left stick hold in the bottom right-hand corner, throtlle and yaw at minimum).
I suppose it’s a firmware problem or configuration problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Edouard R.

I think there was a bug in 3.0. Try changing the ARMING REQUIRED parameter so you do not need to arm. Or, I think there is a Beta Rover 3.0.1 with the arming bug fixed.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Hi David,

I just try the beta version and it’s working.

Thank you for helping.
Now I would like to configure my motors in this way :
When I hold the steering stick on the right, 1 motor turn in one direction and the other motor turn in the opposite direction (so the boat turn on the right). Is it possible to do something like that ?

Regards,

Edouard R.

Yes, it is possible. You would use the SKID STEERING parameters. I have never used them so I can’t give any reliable advice. Its in the Wiki and others have used it successfully. Glad I could help a bit.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Thanks for helping out David - its really appreciated.
Edouard - Skid steering doco is here:
http://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/skid-steer-parameter-tuning.html
Remember to set ONLY 1 of the parameters - never both.
And you probably want SKID_STEER_OUT=1 based on the transmitter you have.
I’ll be releasing the new stable version of Rover shortly with the fixes in it.
Thanks, Grant.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated ! I will take a look at Skid steering doco.
I’ll keep you in touch

Regards,

Edouard

I just try this morning setting Skid_steer_out = 0 and Skid_steer_in = 1 and it’s working. Now I can arm with my transmitter.

Thank you again,

Regards,

Edouard