Major Issues flashing pixracer new x3 and new control zero

I recently did a direct driver install for the cubes from their website here, and ever since then I have had major major issues trying to use another partners products mainly flashing firmware. On the pixracers it seems as though the second you plug in USB they are flashing yellow very fast as in bootloader mode (pardon my ignorance but not sure if thats the correct term). The control zero will not load any firmware when I select the custom firmware option, always get no response from the board. Has anyone else had any issues with this after doing the direct driver install from cube.
MP:1.3.68.1 build 1.3.7216.3637
AC: Dev 4.0 from 10/04/19 @1455MDT
Unable to flash 3 new pixracers and one new control zero from mrobotics after doing hex cube direct driver install.

Why would you use a driver install for a Cube for PIxRacers or the Control Zero? I don’t know about the Control Zero but I have 3 PixRacers and simply flash them from Mission Planner.

No, no Cubes.I misunderstood what you were doing.

The firmware will erase a old copy. Go here and save the one you want to your computer then load it via MP. firmware

Not a pain as far as i know, when uploading any new firmware will automatically remove the old version.

No this would not follow the open source guidelines so please do not focus on that. What is the issue you flashed the hardware and i have directed you to the firmware location if you like to use Beta.

All i done is to link the firmware directory other than that please do not put words in my mouth. All the best.

plug in the usb cable to mission planner select the port. connect to MP. if you see a connection your good. disconnect MP using the top right button, Go to the firmware menu go to download firmware menu. navigate to recents choose the FC your using than save this to your drive, choose load custom firmware point to your file you just downloaded. the firmware will erase to old firmware and your updated, So you know i use the zero and x2,1 and have no issues flashing 4.0

No why is this a issue?

Can you tell me what going on with your zero my hex is flying like a dream did you update to 4.0?

my Zero

mRo x2.1 777 flashed with stable. no issues.

Your lucky excellent fight controllers. here is the Control zero maiden flight.

https://www.facebook.com/301064460746046/videos/vl.221937611978862/726223394479855/?type=1

1 Like

Sounds like a overworked usb port my iPhone tends to do this and i have to use two cable to get it to download at times. just thinking out loud. so you have 4.0 installed and it’s flashing now right?

i can confirm… control zero is really an awesome fc… also its provided with many custom cables so with a little bit of DIY you can build your cable with connectors.
Cube was the first option for my medium size drone but i choose the mRo x2.1 777…also it a very customizable fc.

2 Likes