MagFit - MavExplorer on Windows

Hi,
I’m getting the following error when trying to run the magfit module in MAVExplorer on Windows 7. Is this a problem I can fix? Thanks.

[41192] Failed to execute script MAVExplorer
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “MAVExplorer.py”, line 969, in
File “C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.8.10\x64\Lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\hooks\rthooks\pyi_rth_multiprocessing.py”, line 55, in _freeze_support
File “multiprocessing\spawn.py”, line 109, in spawn_main
OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

That’s a bug in MAVProxy. Thanks for finding it - we’ll try to find a fix for it.

Getting the same error under Windows 10.

ERROR in command []: Can’t pickle <class ‘Struct’>: attribute lookup Struct on builtins failed
MAV> Traceback (most recent call last):
File “MAVExplorer.py”, line 969, in
File “C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.8.10\x64\Lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\hooks\rthooks\pyi_rth_multiprocessing.py”, line 55, in _freeze_support
File “multiprocessing\spawn.py”, line 109, in spawn_main
OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
[15016] Failed to execute script MAVExplorer

Any news on the fix? Works fine under Linux, just wanted to avoid switching OSes.

I’m having the same issue. Could really do with running the magfit module and don’t have easy access to a Linux machine :frowning:

FYI, I’m currently working on a fix for this. Should be done in a week or so.

Any news on the little fix?

Thank you!

We now have a fix! Until the next official release of MAVProxy, you can download the developmental build from: https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/suites/4079815721/artifacts/103812707

Now I get the error: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘scipy’

I installed scipy using pip in python3.9, but doesn´t seem to work.

Fixed now, try: https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/suites/4089498484/artifacts/104175590

It works for me now! Thanks for the fix Stephen.

The link you posted dont work! :frowning:

Now it works perfectly, thanks!

I’ve also uploaded it as MAVProxy 1.8.45 on ArduPilot firmware : /Tools/MAVProxy, for those having issues downloading from GitHub