Lost telemetry from Iris+ to TX after updating to 4.1.1

When I bought the NOS Iris+ I knew it was a few years old but I was ready for the challenge (and the price was great, too).

Which parameter(s) are designated for controlling the gimbal from the transmitter?
Worked fine out of the box but I (obviously) messed that up.

Thanks for the help.

The MNT_XXX _XXX parameters.

Oh, yeah.
The ones you sent to me two days agoā€¦

Perhaps I need to take a little break.

Iā€™m not that familiar with gimbal/MNT parameters but you could try to set these:
MNT_ANGMAX_TIL,0
MNT_ANGMIN_TIL,-9000
MNT_DEFLT_MODE,3
MNT_RC_IN_TILT,6
MNT_TYPE,1

In trying different settings for the MNT_XXX _XXX parameters I did, at least, get a response in the ā€˜Servo Outputā€™ setup screen for position #6 but no gimbal movement. The gimbal does maintain level automatically when I tilt the drone.
Butā€¦I believe Iā€™m just gonna leave well enough alone for now.
Aside from no manual control of the gimbal, everything else appears to be functioning properly.
If I have an epiphany (or if anyone has the magic numbers) then I may try again.

:confounded:
Wellā€¦ I downloaded 4.1.2.
Shoulda let things be - now Iā€™m back to square oneā€¦

All the parameters should have transferred updating from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. Going form 3.2.1 to 4.1.1 like you did before there would not be that expectation.

Thatā€™s what I thought.
Iā€™m still sorting through stuff but it seems all the MNT_XXX _XXX parameters have disappeared.

They will be gone if MNT_TYPE is set to 0. Set it to 1 if it is and refresh the parameters.

MNT_TYPE no longer exists in the parameter list.

Post the parameter file.

12-9-21-1337hrs.param (15.3 KB)

Well, thatā€™s interesting. Can you connect to Mission Planner, go to the Data Screen, Messages Tab and post a screen shot showing this as an example?

I reopened the program to get a startup readout.

OK, itā€™s because firmware fmuV2 is loaded. You need to load different firmware. So go here and download the arducopter.apj file putting it somewhere where you can easily find it.
https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/stable/Pixhawk1/

Then go to the Setup>Install firmware screen and select ā€œLoad Custom Firmwareā€. Select the file you downloaded and select Open. It should then flash the right firmware. After itā€™s complete, reboot the flight controller and see if the MNT parameters are there.

Will do.

Iā€™ll post the results later - wife has chores for me first.

Thanks.

Update:
Took a quick break and loaded the arducopter.apj.
MNT parameters returned.
Will have to redo the GPS and telemetry.
Iā€™ll finish later.

This is where we are today:

• I was able to (somehow) restore manual Gimbal control !!!

• Mission Planner shows 100% Telemetry signal and the battery level (although it shows in red), but no GPS - and the readings are only available thru the USB/cable hookup, nothing shows up thru wireless.

• I do have Batt & mAh readings on the transmitter screen.

You will need to post the parameter file again.

12-10-21-1043hrs.param (17.1 KB)
Let me know when you guys get tired of me :slightly_smiling_face:

I suppose the GPS isnā€™t working because the Serial port parameters are not right. But I donā€™t know what they should be (which port). Hopefully @rmackay9 will post a Iris+ parameter file for you.