Loss of yaw control during fast descent

Thanks for the explanation. It has been very windy the last few days, but clear enough to fly. New T-motor MN4006 motors and T-motor MS1503 15" props. I noticed quite a bit of variation in RCOU for the motors and wondered about that.

I not been able to test my Y-6b for the yaw issues as i am a little swamped and Ca. is having more bad weather if you know what i mean… is the fix on master now?

@Leonardthall - Autotune bin file after fix:

The yaw offset problem is much improved. I had at least one propeller with a 1 centimeter variation from tip to tip. Double checked and leveled all props with a ruler this time instead of by eye. It appears both rear motors are still running a bit harder. Is there a single parameter I can examine to gauge yaw offset?

Flight after auto-tune:

Really makes me appreciate how much the auto-pilot corrects for problems in flight.

r

Much better. This is a display of the roll, pitch, and yaw output to the motor mixer. This is a good way of looking at how much work each controller needs to do to keep the aircraft level.

You will see roll and pitch offsets unless you are flying on a perfectly still day or letting the aircraft drift with the wind. You can evaluate how significant the roll and pitch offsets really are by doing a slow turn and seeing how much the offset is dependent on the heading.

2 Likes

Thanks again for your help. Auto-tune went great and the result was fun to fly. I would normally run 10hz filters because of the 15" props, but wasn’t sure what to do with the new filter arrangement (FLTT and FLTD) vs the old FILT parameters. MP isn’t set up yet to handle the new params in extended tuning, so I left them alone for now. Very happy with the tune anyway.