Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

The T12 specifically

Hi all,
I got isue skydroid T12 use qgroundcontrol to fly. All value of fly running well after over 700m all hanging. Can not see any value of fly. Sometime qground shutdown.
Pls hellp!

Hi, all.

I have received a Skydroid H12 for testing. Not that much info on this device in this thread. I can use the Google Play services on the built in Android device. Install apps. And use the Google Map services. Overall the first impression of the device is actually very good.

So I installed an app. My focus is fishing, so the Carp Pilot app (Tower highly customized) was the obvious choice. And everything works fine, maps and all. But I simply cannot figure out how to connect the app to the mavlink data that I assume is available in the remote. Somehow.

Since my tests boats are configured to use wifi for mavlink I can obviously connect to the boat AP (did not even bother to test this). But I would like to test connection of mavlink through the remote instead. And I assume (or hope) that it is possible. After all, Skydroid did make a custom version of both QGC and Tower. Not sure if these app versions have the source code available, have not found it at least. But I got the impression that they can be used on the H12 (might have misunderstood). If they can, obviously somehow they connect to a service available in the H12. Somehow.

Does anyone have an idea how such a connection can be set up (from apps like QGC and the likes)? Documentation is totally absent, which I find really odd when delivering a device that is essentially a very promising productā€¦ I made some sad attempts with TCP to localhost. And submitted a question to Skydroid (using English, and probably reached some sales inbox). Obviously got no response :confused: To use their customized versions of either Tower or QGC, if they do work on the H12, is really not an option as we boat users fly kinda different that the regular drone userā€¦

Also have a T10 next in line for some testing. I guess I can use Bluetooth there. But would really like to get the H12 up and running with the built-in screen and allā€¦

My Skydroid H16 arrived some months ago. Itā€™s pretty good.
I updated the software and QGroungcontrol app and everything is going well.
The only thing I got frustrated is the RSSI value that I canā€™t get on QGroundcontrol respective icon.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this on Skydroid systems?

Do any know about the tower app updateā€¦which now having an audio option. How can we access it on the hardware.

Hey MartyMcFly whatā€™s the Facebook group called?

Skydroid users group

1 Like

I am curious, years after the 60KM 100mW advertisement, what is the realistic, usable, range limit?

2 Likes

Hello. I am using a Skydroid t12. I have my own APPs like fpv Tower with version 6.6, I would like to know if this is the latest or is there a better one, it is difficult on the Skydroid website to know the updates. I appreciate the help

wow 100mw for 60KM !!!

Hello all I just need an advice, I am going to place the modem near the autopilot inside a cover box at a helicopter platform where I will be powering it from an external 5v source. Is this the right way to do or better to keep it away from autopilot?

IF your not using the autopilot compass its fine. The unit can interfere with the GPS and compass if its too close.

Hello Ricky thanks for advice, the 900 rfx comes with a 15 cm long cable. I now placed it away from autopilot and gps using that cable. Shall I place it further?

Hey Tolga.
Honestly I canā€™t say. I have had the GPS work great with a receiver next to it and others that work badly.
I suspect you should be good. However if you find that the GPS takes forever to get a lock, You can always cover the receiver with Copper foil and ground it. I do that will all my receivers now.
I had a copter that took 10 minutes to get 6 sats, then with the copper foil added I get ready to fly in a minute. Some receivers radiate 400mhz noise that seems to mess with the gps.

Cheers

Hey, @rickyg32 Sir have u ever tested the normal video latency and video fps for standard T12 and T10 systems?

Dear Ricky I do have one more question regarding the connection of the radios.

Here are the steps I followed;

1- The modem is connected to the autopilot and powered from the autopilot for the testing on the bench so jumpers are not removed on both ends.

2- When I power up the autopilot( I am using Pixhack v3 and I have fixed the pinout to match the modem) the leds on both modems are solid.

3- When I try to connect from MP I keep getting connection timeout

4- I have downloaded the RFD900 modem tool and upgraded the modems to the latest firmware 3.38 and from that tool I can see both modem settings.

5- While searching the cause of the issues I have seen on the FC side the CTS RTS cables should be removed which I did and still same thing.

I havent make any setting changed on the 900 rfd as they are on default parameters yet I have tried changing NET ID and channel but it didnt make a change.

What am I possibly missing to do ?

Thanks,

well it turned out rx/tx cable problem on the cable I fixed in order to match pixhack v3. Now it works like a charmā€¦

1 Like

Guys. Iam in trouble now. I just updated the T10tx to version 5.3 . And now the rx is not binding. Plz help

May be same here. I had a T12/Multilink receiver parked from time ago (in the past all seemed to work in the bench).

Now, beginning installation on a quad, I see first that transmitter T12 asks for an upgrade, which I do 4.0 to 5.3. Then, receiver does not connect to transmitter, and it cannot be bound either.

As far as I can find from the documentation, for binding (only one receiver involved):
-Turn transmitter off.
-Put receiver in binding mode (six times off/on, or ground receiver MODE KEY pin): led flashes in green fast.
-Turn on transmitter, and receiver will be bound. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Other step needed?

Binding sequence:

Trying to update receiver firmware wirelessly (obviously impossible) appears a message in chinese (t=50).

Trying to adjust parmeters (t=70) appears message ā€œConnection failed, please turn on receiverā€

Skydroid released new update of ā€œdevice helperā€ which having ā€œdemotion deviceā€ option. Use it to demote the tx version. Then ur tx will connect to rx . After that upgrade ur rx first and then tx.