Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Cala2
Here is the Antenna End, RP - SMA with an IPEX connector on the other end.

1 Like

Pixracer have built in inversion too but,you need to turn it on.

In addition, I adjusted the list from your post. I hope I can help you. Just like in the picture.

Long antenna with large aircraft. Short antenna with small aircraft

1 Like

Glad to hear you have made the changes. I have posted the question in the hardware forum about turning on the inverter and will see where that goes.

so how do I buy another receiver and how do I bind it to the transmitter.

I hope is similar to x2.1 flight controller? I have one Im going to investigate, nice to have two choices antennas :slight_smile:

Cool, how many time you can fly with it?

I have not flown with it as I am still working out the invert issue

1 Like

It is easy to bind it
1 Like

wow thats so easy.
So where I can I buy another receiver and how much as I want one with the short antennas.

OK,wait 1-2 days.I need to submit it to express sale.

Ok.
Not sure I know what that means. But no problem, in the mean time I will keep playing with the unit and learn more.
Will you want feedback for improvements.
I have a small list, nothing major.

Put together a quick video to help show folks how to connect and setup the Skydroid M12L

2 Likes

If you use ArduPilot master running ChibiOS then it supports SBUS both inverted and non-inverted. It auto-detects.
SBUS is normally inverted, but there are some receivers that put out non-inverted.
Cheers, Tridge

Hey Tridge.
I installed the master you provided last night and I am a happy boy.
At first it didn’t work which was frustrating but then I found it was just a bad connection.

Thanks ever so much.

Oh…what is a master. I don’t understand this sort of thing.

it means it is the latest development version, and has not undergone the testing we do for releases.

Thanks man I appreciate your assistance.
Cheers

Just ordered a second receiver.
Wa hoooooo.

So here is my list of what the unit needs.

1. The Receiver LED should be red or blinking red when powered but no signal. The fact that it is off makes you think it’s not turned on. Most receivers tell you they are on just not connected.
  2. The receiver needs an RSSI output. That way we can get the RSSI data into the ground station.
  3. Do you know what pin if any is available on the board to pull RSSI
  4. The app itself works well, but there are some chinese text, not a big deal but that would need to change.
  5. In North America the Hand is called Mode. USA for instance is Mode 2 USA Reversed is Mode 1

Liking it still.
Thats it for now.

1. Because of the bidirectional communication, our receiver does not provide rssi. The transmitter RSSI will be displayed in tower or skydroid.

Download link<http://app.mi.com/details? Id=org.droidplanner.android.fuav>

2, we will optimize translation before more important things are settled.

3, I hope you can test the skydroid receiver’s SBUs access to pix or APM. Because we are working normally on this. I am still not sure whether the receiver is out of order or pixracer has detected the problem. Hope to be able to get answers.

I hope you can read my presentation.
  1. Ok no worries then on the RSSI. I just have receivers that are bi directional but have rssi. But they are used in a different way…so all good.
  2. Ok no worries. Its not a show stopper, like I said I have it all working.
  3. SBUS isn’t a problem I have it working now.

Thanks again for putting the receivers up on AliExpress. I ordered the second one.

I appreciate all your support on this. It’s so far a nice device. IT gives me that DJI Mavic like controller which I have wanted for my larger drones.

Your presentation is great.
I will try your version of the tower app today.
Also I see the RSSI… Ok I am convinced…thank you for that.
I have added your video to the collection of videos on the device.
I want to make it as easy as possible for people to use your device.
The video solution seems to work great. I think I need to order one of those FPV receivers. They seem to work very well.
So I ordered the fpv video receiver this morning. So I have a second receiver and now the video device.
It will be nice to see the video built into the unit at some point in the future. That would be cool

Thanks again you have been great.