Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I have never tried.
you can have a Bluetooth connection to the tablet with it talking to the drone while the drone is connected via USB to Mission planner. But dual Bluetooth I have no idea.

2 Likes

Hey Greg what part of New York. I am over east of Toronto so likely not to far. Its a small world. lol

1 Like

Can’t you have either the PC or tablet/phone connected to the M12 handheld via USB and the other connected to the M12 handheld via Bluetooth at the same time. So, the drone can be flying and both are communicating with it via telemetry through the handheld? I think I have done that.

1 Like

Never tried.
something to add to the list of things to experiment with

1 Like

My plan was to save the USB connection to the tablet for video and use the bluetooth connections from the M12 to the tablet and to the laptop. Somewhere above, Tom-Fly mentions that he was doing this so I wanted to confirm that I understood his setup.

Ricky, I’m in Rochester so we are pretty close.

2 Likes

I missed this post so thanks for the alternative. This may also work for me.

What is the baud rate setting from the USB to the laptop for Mission Planner? 115K?

How about the baud rate on the Pixhawk serial port to the air unit? 56K?

Cheers!

1 Like

yup you got it.
Those are the speeds

1 Like

Well that’s it then, I just ordered the M12L with a spare receiver. I added “Type-C for USA Mode 2” for my rocker choice.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions and your initial tests!

2 Likes

Wa hoooo another family member

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant welcome to the family and you wont be disappointed ye he

1 Like

To learn the Skydroid system, I decided that it would be easier to use my Tarot 680 Pro hexacopter instead of my DJI S900 or VTOLs. The copter will just hover when I am occupied during the learning process. The Tarot copter has been a faithful performer since the first days of the Pixhawk. I updated to APM Copter v3.6.4 ChibiOS over the weekend.

3 Likes

Very nice Greg.
Can’t wait to hear how it works with the Skydroid. Remember the sticks feel different.

1 Like

Nice, multicopter looks the best way to learn skydroid feeling.

1 Like

Greg: I try to connect two devices by Bt but not allow me, only Mplanner by usb and tablet by BT.
Skydroid Tower works correct with video uvc

3 Likes

One good looking copter

cala2,

Thank you for the testing. That combination will work for me. My main experience with autonomous flight is with Mission Planner. I like QGC but need more experience. I installed QGC on my main PC and laptop yesterday and I can pass mission plans to QGC on my tablet. Mostly, I prefer to make plans on my PC because it feels more accurate. Perhaps this old dog can learn new ways. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And opposite way should work, too. So, if you can get a short USB cable for the tablet that you have mounted on the handheld M12 controller and then use bluetooth to a laptop, you can freely move around up to bluetooth limit away from laptop. I like that a LOT!

3 Likes

Im woundering if it would be possible to connect a decent quality diversity receiver into the OTG UAC and if that would give better video coverage though still getting decent reception with a Pagoda and VAS Peperbox just ideas

How to thoughen sticks:
remove screws behind the radio

found spring bolt at stick gimbal side

screw to thoughen and unscrew to soften

2 Likes

I hope We have a wifi module inside :smiley:

1 Like