Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Not off the top of my head but it is a USB connection so I guess I need to assume it supports the current needed to drive the UVC receiver.

I do know on the video enabled version I think it’s the M12HD thats the USB port to connect the phone or tablet.

But on the M12L I am not sure but will ask.

When I fly over the farm signal never move from 90-100% so I did a little Rover test to see if signal rssi is working well , I didn´t have good expectatives that this test works so I didn´t go so far but results surprise me so, next time, Im going to try to go more far, I accelerate Tower video not to bore you but its complete and insert route parts so you can see how terrain is on the route.

6 Likes

So to Summarize
You got 16.1 km with no signal below 90%, using a ground level test in a truck.

What is your next test plan.

2 Likes

No, I dont have signal below 90 when I fly over the farm more o less 6km so I go with the truck and, were I stopped and get good signal, it was 90 100 too, during the trip signal changed, terrain obstacles consecuence; sorry my horrible english to explain.

1 Like

you can always explain in Spanish. It would be a good chance for me to practice. lol
But I think basically your saying your happy with it’s performance.

1 Like

Thank you gor that Cala very impressive and think if flying at 25/30 meters signal would be 90/100% all the time well done you we have a very good system and so lucky to be part of this group

P/s next time Scotish bag pipe music lol

1 Like

If you want to practice I can write in facebk and you traslate :wink: I don’t like google traslation because looks worse than me lol. Yes I love this radio, I can have telem were I want to go, I used only cheap telem radios up to now and loose signal every time I fly with the quads. Now I want to show at my rc club that it’s possible to fly a plane without trims, they discuss that not possible but if Cao can do it, if because its possible :slight_smile: , any tips?

1 Like

Thanks Marty, I can’t use music with you tube because always refuse to upload, if not shure I put them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry…I doubt even Marty really wants Bagpipe music. lol

1 Like

yes Ricky In happy with Cala’s music and the test he has done is excellent

Only music from car radio :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like the intent of the 5v output USB jack on the M12 bottom is to charge the phone. I grabbed this graphic from the M12 page. So if you were only using the phone for telemetry via Bluetooth, you could plug it into the 5v USB jack to charge it while in use.

PhoneCharger

2 Likes

Well, the $100 price drop finally pushed me over. Got one with an extra Rx and Dual antenna UVC. it’ll be a couple of weeks before I can play with it.

4 Likes

Welcome to the fans club rollys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Gentlemen, just to inform you that I have placed order this M12L Skydroid and still waiting. Thank you for the English manual Ricky. About the Skydroid UVC video Rx, do you think is better than other system? I also have question about other video Tx, maybe you could give opinion. Here is the product that bring my attention. Cheers.

US $80.75 5%OFF | 50KM Long Range 2.4GHz 2.4G FPV 1W 1000mw AV Wireless Transmission Telemetry Transmitter Receiver TX RX CT210+CR800 Combo
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bL2WRGLN

1 Like

Thats great news Tony,you will enjoy it,when the weather improves here im going to try better antenna on my UVC OTG to check range my OTG is the twin antenna eachine one which is very similar if not the same as the skydroid one,also just away to order an other M12 receiver.

A very big welcome to the M12 gang.

The skydroid one , as Marty says, have double antenna so you can use one standard and one directional patch for better longer range signal or a polarized and patch etc. I hope eachine was build by skydroid too, not shure but I hope Ricky mentioned one time?

1 Like

Sweet! I saw the drops in M12L pieces on AliExpress from 91 to 89. Looking forward to your findings.

I bought an Eachine ROTG02 UVC receiver from the BG USA Warehouse just to see if my 8" tablet displays my video transmissions reasonably. I don’t know if there is a difference with the SkyDroid version or they are all relabeled FUAV products.

I’m still a bit grey on how my APM vehicles (Copters, Planes, VTOLs) would interface to the M12 compared to the Taranis or traditional R/C system.

1 Like

Greg,firstly I have a feeling the RGT02’s are all the same,the M12l interfaces with the pixhawk like connecting the M12 telemetry port to a serial port on the pixhawk very easy to do,the only thing I miss is not having a six position flight mode switch but its easy to work around that though would love Cao to have an upgrade firmware with 6 positon

1 Like

Thanks, Marty! I was hoping it wasn’t just me. Sometimes I am slow to change. :slight_smile:

1 Like