Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Here is a PARAM file from my Pixracer machine.
Look at the SR settings.
Scout 12-13-2018.param (14.6 KB)

1 Like

Just in case it might be of interest, QGC Slack forum is available for some help. Iā€™m not quite sure about this, but I think thereā€™s someone else helping to manage QGCā€™s tablet version.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Ricky your a tease im sitting here waiting on postman pat

2 Likes

Thats @rollys
I also have questions about qGroundcontrolā€¦so I would give it a try there except it wants me to have an email address that they define to setup an accountā€¦thats weird and as I donā€™t have one not sure this is going to work.

cheers

1 Like

You can use, for example, the same email you use for this thread just as to create a login account in Slack. An email address is used as the login username.

Good luck.

1 Like

According to the site
If you have an @px4.io, @3drobotics.com, @qti.qualcomm.com, @ublox.com, @osrfoundation.org, @skyaware.io, @samsung.com, @wingtra.com, or @airmap.com email address you can [create an account]

I donā€™t have an email address that matches any of these. I assume Slack must be a corp site of some sort.

1 Like

FYIā€¦there is a pricing error on Aliexpress right now. The price I heard is supposed to be 199US and that the correction is coming shortly.

1 Like

My apologies if the actual sequence may not be in order or specificā€¦ itā€™s been awhile since set mine up.

Go to https://slack.com/, fill in your email address then click Get Started. Itā€™ll send a confirmation email to your address. From that email, click on Confirm Email Address. it should take you to a page where you can choose/search what workspace to join (PX4). Once in Slack, click on Channels on the left pane and either search for or scroll down to QGroundControl.

Good luck.

Almost workedā€¦ But it doesntā€™ give out the ability to join the Px4
Your stuck at this point.

Go to https://slack.com/signin and enter PX4 then click Continue. Enter your email address then click Forgot Password. The ensuing email to you should take you to setup your password and should get you in. Hopefully this works to get you in.

Good luck.

2 Likes

SkyDroidUpdater.zip (905.9 KB)

1 Like

Is there anyone who does distance testing? Maybe you can give a test video. Many people are concerned about distance.

1 Like

the max i will fly is about 3.5 miles that is because im flying smaller quads

I think @Tom-fly is prepping for a long range test. We havenā€™t heard from him lately.
Boyz this firmware updater is the English version. So I suggest you all download it. Might make life easier for you. I updated the manual with new graphics.

@SKYDROID you should be aware the app kicks off some AV systems. Cheers

1 Like

I have been in other businesses couple of weeks so my effort has been zero, and back in M12L figures next week. I try to set Rx in top of hill (300m) and try ultimate range. Setting fixed position for receiver helps a lot, also telemetry logs can be gathered.Hopes weather gets warmer as well, now -20C, ā€¦

1 Like

I smell a little ā€œproductā€ here if I can get me a 3d printer.
A Ā£20 plug in dongly thing that takes the CV signal many fpv systems offer with a little attenuated 5.8 GHz tx board so the output can be viewed locally on fatsharks.

1 Like

@swallabat do you mean a video repeater??

1 Like

I am using the M12L on a zero turn mower with Ardurover (https://youtu.be/khCiFqrhV7E?t=545 ā€“ many other videos on my channel as well). My distance testing (so far) may not be very useful, as by the nature of a ground-based rover I have obstacles and ground effects that would not be present for you flyers. But, for what it is worth, my old Radiolink T8FB remote control had a max distance of about 1600 feet when no obstacles were between. I do not have a comparison point to a more expensive remote like a Taranis.

Now the M12L: As the attached screen shot shows, the M12L has a 95% RSSI at 3097 feet. There is a small hill between the rover and the hand-held remote. As it passed behind my house, I saw no degradation of the signal. It went into a low place about 2500 feet from the remote and the RSSI dipped to 85%. The remote is lying on a table. The antennas on the receiver are the stock wire ones. I have not tried the others that came with the M12L kit. I am extremely pleased with this result!

We have had a lot of rain and I just havenā€™t had time to do more testing, but I will eventually try to get a greater distance test for a ground-based vehicle.

5 Likes

I did some ground based test with ground obstacles too like trees little hills, body, inside the truck etc up to 6 kms (90-100 signal) and performs much much better than the hitec 2,4, some fliying test with quad but not far yet (just finish tunning) rock solid 100% up to 2 kms) and waiting next week a pixhawk to update the skywalker 1680 apm plane, my ex friend fails me with big sailplane so searching another one to try to push to limit.

1 Like