Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Im really looking forward to getting mine and trying it out im in love with it

This experience is not something you can get with a different module. Just like DJI gave up gopro, mavic, spark and Osmo Pocket appeared. Some things need to be given up in order to get, not tactful and sophisticated.
1 Like

This is a T12 system?

Thx I’ll investigate the crossfire option.

1 Like

If you need any advice on the crossfire just ask,its the fuil size one that has the bluetooth and happy xmas to you and your family

1 Like

I was checking the dataflash log from my flight yesterday and found something interesting! What you see on the first graph is my ch3 in (throttle) for the entire flight. The others are zoomed in in a couple of places so you can see better what’s going on.

It appears that the throttle value given by the receiver oscillates pretty badly, +/- 5us from the actual value. Strange that this does not happen when the stick is either centered or at the extremes.

I can replicate the behavior on the bench, connected to mission planner, on the HUD if you right click and choose user items, check ch3in and it will go on the screen.

Only throttle channel seems to oscillate.

1 Like

You compared with other systems?, Just yesterday I flyed a new vtol with a Dragon link, some wind, airplane not well calibrate yet but flyable in auto, I check Rc in and similar effect with similar range

4 Likes

I just checked now, same plane with previous remote, a Taranis with Rlink and is much better, only +/- 1 from the target.
Also, why only ch3 is doing this?

I wounder if some thing to do with esc’s but then I would have thought it would be on all channels

Dragonlink really does what you need as well. Plugs into a Taranis. Allegedly they are working on firmware upgrades with flow control that will allow full range and 56K serial telemetry. I am happy with it.

With ProfiCNC doing a LR digital video controller (all open source, on beta now) there will be some options available soon.

3 Likes

I have dragon v1, a friend just bougth v3 but telem doesnt work, he ask for another one and doesn’t work too, yours is working without issues?

1 Like

Your friend is almost certainly doing something wrong I think. It works very well to be honest but I have seen people struggle to set it up. This is the issue with 3rd party integration – there are multiple com ports and serial links, and other settings and if any of them are not set correctly it fails and it is not necessarily DL at fault – although the configuration software needs to be more clear. In a way this validates Skydroid’s approach. Take out of the box, bind and use it.

The v1 is not good, I gather. It was 1st gen and is incomparable to what is being used now.

1 Like

also there is the rfd but ive ot a love for this skydroid Ithink it will just keep getting improved and you can talk to the main man worth a lot

A new filtering firmware may be needed

3 Likes

Yes, I never migrate to v2 because I saw him with many problems and v3 the same, very difficult to calibrate v1 still works well but very old now, I appreciate this one that works out of the box, very easy to make work.

1 Like

It seems like it does.
I’m not saying it is not usable, flown with it and only noticed on the logs. But it could be better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im going to curious my hitec, thats suppose to transmitter related?

1 Like

two more hours of flying today.
All good. In Love with my Skydroid

3 Likes

I finally found my Pixracer issue, It was the sd card, first time that I have this issue, little offtopic but want to share to have in mind when your FC refuses to work well, now connections looks working nice and shows rssi too with the pixracer.

1 Like

seriously…the SD card. Did you simply replace the card and what exactly was the symptom.
How did you determine it was the card.

I added a note in the troubleshooting section of the manual

1 Like