Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I like the no nonsence replies thats very very good

1 Like

Just got mine delivered! If the weather allows I’ll give it a test run over the weekend.

2 Likes

Nice to see the throttle mod is done. This is good.
Comes with the rubber boots removed…This is good.
I assume the stick collars are already mounted as I dont’ see them in the box. This is good.
Receiver has the small antenna installed. This is good.

Pleased to see that our feedback was taken on board.

I have one of the very first units. So I had to mod the controller…I don’t recommend it to anyone.
Also had to mod the receiver glad no one needs to do that either.

Romeo. We are building a manual. Here is a link to it. It’s a collection of everything Skydroid has provided and what we have learned.

1 Like

Thanks for the manual, got it already :slight_smile:
About the mods, I was asked what version I prefer before they sent it.
It looks very promising so far, let’s see how it does in real life not on the bench.

1 Like

it works fine i guess. major functionaly is in groundstation, phone or computer…

1 Like

Right, telemetry connection is what got me interested into this system.
What I like so far:

• sticks are smooth - important when you take manual control of the drone
  • sticks centering is perfect
  • usb/bt are not exclusive - that is, if I connect the pc by usb cable, I still have the bt for tranmitter settings/adustments
  • it charges while turned on
  • rx binding procedure - no more jugglin around to keep the button pressed while you power on the rx, this should be taken over by more manufacturers
  • phone holder seems very sturdy

What I would add or change:

• neck strap - for longer flights it is a must at least for me
  • button / channel mixing - it would be perfect if you could assign more than one button/switch to toggle a channel - although SkyDroid’s implementation is interesting, I would love to have buttons ABCD be able to change one channel for flight modes
2 Likes

Used to use apps such as Tower to switch flight mode. Skydroid prefers UAV links to models.

1 Like

I think what has to happen is the community needs to make a mind shift. Move from the idea of a conventional RC systems with trim and multi switches and move to the GUI driven flying. Which if you think about it is a far more professional approach to UAV operations.

I think that is a change that will come with unit usage.

2 Likes
  1. We will translate the ground station as soon as possible, including the flight mode and the name of app.

2. I will update a M12L firmware to fix a bug that may cause overheating.

3. Trim is not allowed in the flight with the participation of gps. This link is designed for the flight mode with the participation of gps. If the manual flight needs to adjust the aircraft, but I think it will hardly be used in UAV, such as dji.

4. The gimbal can be tightened with wrenches in the package.

5. I’ve been waiting for someone to do a distance test. Because a lot of people are paying attention to this.

6. We have three analog video receivers.

The single antenna of the UVC 5.8G OTG receiver and the dual antenna of the UVC 5.8G OTG receiver support only Android devices, both of which are 5.8G antennas. FUAV Mini FPV box supports Android and Apple, a 5.8G antenna and a 2.4G WiFi antenna, and WiFi connection to app. There are some errors on the Express. I will make a correction next week. But all three can receive images at different prices.

1. I will take time to shoot some videos. The next 2-3 weeks. Keep an eye on me and my YouTube
1 Like

I instaled with an old APM Skywalker and them with a new pixracer, telem rssi both shows 100% with the unit near but rxrssi shows 23 in APM and 45 in pixracer, I know APM needs an urgent update but pixracer Im hope Im doing something wrong ? Or the valid value is telem rssi to take in account?
I apreciate simple compact unit, I fly gps modes and no need trims for that ships, this unit allows Us to have a diy similar Dji dron.

1 Like

M12L and R12L update.zip (957.9 KB)
Please upgrade your receivers and transmitters Online

1 Like

Exactly that is the question. In one of my first replies, I also wanted to see the proof of that. I think this blog is running way out of the original direction.

Anyone flown 60 km with this system??? I don’t think so and I think it will never happen…

Well maybe the demonstration fly was made under exceptional circumstances - over sea with a low rf noise environment and with no BLOS flight restriction.
Nevertheless, what I see here now is a group of enthusiasms that have a positive and constructive project sharing with the dedicated support of the designer/manufacturer and this is what I consider as being a much more interesting result :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Caoxueyu. The file doesn’t seem to open, says it’s invalid. However even if it did open we don’t know what to do with it. We don’t have instructions on firmware upgrades to the receiver.
We have the inline function but I don’t know if that addresses the receiver.

1 Like

Thanks Patrick.
One or two of the community will be trying the long distance shortly and so we will have an idea of the units performance. I would agree that the original reason for the post hasn’t been answered yet. But your right we are all keeners that are working together to see how this system works out. Helping each other where we can which is the spirit of this hobby.

This product is new and just getting into the hands of users now, that can test it. I imagine it will take a little time to before the vendors statement can be proven or proven false. Either way the results to date have been pretty good. Tom_fly has done 17 km which in the world I live in is pretty outstanding. Still it’s not 60 km.

We shall see, in the mean time we shall continue to assist each other.

1 Like

Change the suffix to. rar

1 Like

I gave away some free samples, and I don’t think they have any long-distance airplanes. But the data of 60 km and the power of 100 MW are actually tested. I believe my test. I will record detailed videos the next time I fly 80 km. RF test

1 Like

If anyone needs a ZIP file I posted it here

I have no real clue how to do this yet. If anyone tries it and is successful. Let me know so we can get it documented. There is a “read it.png” file that shows what the tool interface is like…but I am not sure yet how it works

1 Like

Unzip, then open skydroid update and follow the prompts in read it. png

1 Like

yes I see that but it’s unclear to me if I plug the USB into the receiver or the transmitter …or both and update them one at a time

1 Like