Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hey, @rickyg32 Sir have u ever tested the normal video latency and video fps for standard T12 and T10 systems?

Dear Ricky I do have one more question regarding the connection of the radios.

Here are the steps I followed;

1- The modem is connected to the autopilot and powered from the autopilot for the testing on the bench so jumpers are not removed on both ends.

2- When I power up the autopilot( I am using Pixhack v3 and I have fixed the pinout to match the modem) the leds on both modems are solid.

3- When I try to connect from MP I keep getting connection timeout

4- I have downloaded the RFD900 modem tool and upgraded the modems to the latest firmware 3.38 and from that tool I can see both modem settings.

5- While searching the cause of the issues I have seen on the FC side the CTS RTS cables should be removed which I did and still same thing.

I havent make any setting changed on the 900 rfd as they are on default parameters yet I have tried changing NET ID and channel but it didnt make a change.

What am I possibly missing to do ?

Thanks,

well it turned out rx/tx cable problem on the cable I fixed in order to match pixhack v3. Now it works like a charm…

1 Like

Guys. Iam in trouble now. I just updated the T10tx to version 5.3 . And now the rx is not binding. Plz help

May be same here. I had a T12/Multilink receiver parked from time ago (in the past all seemed to work in the bench).

Now, beginning installation on a quad, I see first that transmitter T12 asks for an upgrade, which I do 4.0 to 5.3. Then, receiver does not connect to transmitter, and it cannot be bound either.

As far as I can find from the documentation, for binding (only one receiver involved):
-Turn transmitter off.
-Put receiver in binding mode (six times off/on, or ground receiver MODE KEY pin): led flashes in green fast.
-Turn on transmitter, and receiver will be bound. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Other step needed?

Binding sequence:

Trying to update receiver firmware wirelessly (obviously impossible) appears a message in chinese (t=50).

Trying to adjust parmeters (t=70) appears message “Connection failed, please turn on receiver”

Skydroid released new update of “device helper” which having “demotion device” option. Use it to demote the tx version. Then ur tx will connect to rx . After that upgrade ur rx first and then tx.

Thanks a lot, that worked. I wonder if this is documented, or must be deduced by logic:

• What failed after doing what.
  • Device Helper shows Update as 1) receiver 2) transmitter, which seems to imply that order.

I wonder if somewhere there is a changelog.txt or similar. OCR (chinese characters) and translating what appears on the upgrade screen:
####################
Device Helper
CHECK UPDATE
Device hardware information: T12
Current firmware version:5.3
Do you need to upgrade:NO
Online firmware version:5.3
Online firmware information:
2021.84 V5.3:
1. The receiver must be upgraded first, and then the remote control.
2. Upgrade dynamic bit rate and image clarity [only support new cameras].
3. Upgrade 15-point frequency hopping to improve anti-interference.
4. Optimize the accuracy of SBUS data.

1. After the camera is started, the remote control will beep once to check whether the image transmission is normal;
2. Optimize the transmission of large data volume through Bluetooth data transmission;
3. Optimize data backup;
4. Optimize Bluetooth compatibility
5. Increase the recognition of abnormal parameter adjustment commands.
6. Frequency ID optimization increases communication distance and stability
7. Line upgrade receiver support
8. The USB port adds 115200 baud rate transparent transmission function.
9. Added support for RTK MC120M at decimeter level.

2020.3.5 T12-V3.6:
1. A small joystick is added to control the pitch of the single-axis gimbal.
2. Added Qianxun RTK interface.
3. Fixed the occasional loss of data transmission caused by MAVLINK RSSI frame insertion (the receiver needs to be upgraded to V3.6 at the same time)

1. The device enters the upgrade mode (see the manual for details)
2. Click Check Update, you will get the current device software version number, the latest device number, and the updated content
3. If you need to upgrade, please click to upgrade now, if not, please exit

UPDATE NOW
Do not quit, disconnect or power off during update
####################
appears somewhere.

So
The receiver must be upgraded first, and then the remote control.
in chinese!

So now the receiver shows a solid green led, and I can connect to the FC (SBUS) and MP, and get telemetry, but the camera (connected on the receiver on GND/VCC/Rx1/Tx1 with original cable)

doesn’t work (it worked on the past on the bench). I suppose it should show its image on the Skydroid Tower GCS (maps work), but it is black:

Connecting, Connected is heard. The camera lense is uncovered and is moderately hot, so should not be dead. Camera connected and switch on appears good (not if disconnecting camera).
What can I be missing?

Solved in spite of documentation.

Hello Mr. Nitzan. I also have Cube Orange with SkyDroid T12 and Tarot Retracts. Can you help out how to connect T12 to Cube to make it work? Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: This was a life saver. My two T10s and my problematic receiver are all good again. Stopped after demotion + downgrade, no new upgrades for now…

You can update it… Dont fear. Just make sure that you updated the rx first then the tx.

2 Likes

Thx to the work reported on T12 gstreamer video, I managed to stream video captured by my Realsense depth camera and processed with OpenCV on a RPI4. A screen-grab at the receiver side is shown.
T12_gstreamer

:astonished:

if you posted a how-to YouTube video showing how to get video from the T12 streaming on a Mac or PC, you would be my hero!

This is a Skydroid Tower GCS video capture running on a tablet, using Skydroid T12 transmitter/receiver/camera:

At t=3 a photo capture is done, its location appears, and the photo is found there.

At t=10 a 5" video record is started pressing on the video icon:

• Video icon background turns red.
  • 开始录制 start recording.
  • Video icon is pressed again to stop recording
  • Video icon background turns white.
  • 停止录制 stop recording.

But the video can’t be found. Skydroid Tower GCS version is 7.8.1. Does this work? If so, what am I missing?

BTW, online chinese OCR and translation.

Get a tablet with HDMI output, such as the Nexus 10. Install on it SkydroidTower.apk and SkydroidFpv.apk, connect tablet to T12 with its cable, and you will have video on tablet HDMI output.

I had thought of that, but don’t have such a tablet to test with. have you tried it?

This is a 4K video. The lower left portion is a Nexus 10 executing Skydroid GCS HDMI output (downloaded from Twitch after a transmission). Nexus 10 HDMI output is 1920x1080@60, but Android icons are cropped, so there are black portions.

Unfortunately I forgot to connect.

Note that that video goes a long way:

• Nexus 10.
  • Its HDMI output encoded towards Twitch.
  • File downloaded from Twitch.
  • Video composed with other three sources and uploaded to Youtube.

Sound is a mix in video above, but Nexus 10 HDMI output contains only GCS sounds (heard in the tablet with no HDMI connection (the tablet is silent if there is an HDMI connection)). I don’t know if Skydroid Mini Camera carries sound or not. It is described here, but as always Skydroid documentation is a complete disaster: it doesn’t mention sound. Although the camera has a tiny hole that could be a microphone, I have never heard copter motors.

There are other tablets with HDMI output, I think all 10".

So, BTW, does Skydroid Mini Camera have a microphone?

Hey there!
I have a skydroid T12 with but I am unable to connect it with my phone.
I tried USB and Bluetooth connection but the app keeps crashing. (solved now)

The SBus wire is connected to the sbus port in pixhawk cube.

The Rx2, Tx2, gnd and 5v is connected to the telem 1 port in the pixhawk cube (It is being powered by the telem 1 port )

I get solid green light when I power the pixhawk.

Thank you for time and consideration.
Regards
Shubham Thakur

Update:
I am able to connect to my phone after downloading updated app. But my stick movements does not appear in mission planner.

Also Can anyone help in connecting T12 to mission planner?

Use Skydroid cable to connect T12 right micro USB connector to PC. You should have:
MP_T12

Try at 115200.

If MP doesn’t connect, disconnect and connect cable. If that still doesn’t work, turn T12 off and on.