Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

you have joined an excellent group of fellow Skydroider’s,welcome come join us at the Skydroid Users Group on F/B as well were you will recieve A warm wellcome

@gnitzan:
Sorry little off topic but you have a nice long range quad!! Any details of your build please? What battery,motors and props to get 35 mins hover time? Impressive!!

1 Like

Hi @ninja_zx11,
The frame is Daya 680
380kv Arris motors (excellent motors)
15x5.5 folding Tarot props
Ardupilot on Cube black
Mauch PM
9200mah 6S diy 5c batter (Li-Ion)
R9+R9M
GoPro (on gimbal) signal goes to HDMI2AV module -> Video tx 2.4ghz
The battery is made of 3 circuits of 6 cells of 18650vtc6 which is a 3000mah and the voltage cutoff is 2.5v (for lipo its 3.3 I think)
Gal

2 Likes

Thanks @gnitzan for the info!! Nice!!
I just built similar but all hand made balsa frame.AUW is 1.5kg with 4S 6000 mAh battery.@ cameras with video switcher and DJI E305 motors wit DJI 9.5x4.5 props.Wired in a way that i can switch between Arducopter and Inav by just flashing the desired firmware on omnibusF7.

4 Likes

@ninja_zx11 looks impressive

1 Like

Hi Guys

Just received my T12, all working well, I have a question regarding video resolution.
What is the output of the small FPV camera eg 720p or alike. Picture quality seems low resolution, latency not to bad.

Is there a way adjusting the picture? In the app or SDK, something simple would be good.

Also I have a windows 10 PC , it doesn’t seem to pickup USB connection. Trying to connect with MP. I see there are some drivers on the dropbox link, I will try tonight.
Is this common not to connect to PC first try?

Can you buy waterproof LED/camera seperatly using this on a boat?

Great system by the way.

1 Like

serial converter is on the way. two weeks …my friend

2 Likes

You need to view videos and instructions to connect missionplanner. The camera supports 720p, but the radio frequency bandwidth is not high enough. We just let the camera output a relatively low resolution. Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) video transmission is only used for surveillance, which is similar to camera viewfinder.

1 Like

Great news - thanks for the update

1 Like

two weeks away …Wa hooooooo

1 Like

I shall order one too, even before I will get my T12 which is already on its way. I wander if it will take hdmi or just a/v

1 Like

Hello all, while my T12 is on it’s way, I am looking for some advice on what tablet to purchase.
There is android based tablets or I can get a windows based so I may use MP
Any advice would be appropriated.
Best,
Gal
P.S. any one woul mind to share an image or two of the serial camera installation?

1 Like

I have a Samsung S3 9.7 inches, very fast processor and fix nice on the radio

1 Like

Just remember that the config app and FPV app are android based.

I have an ASUS Zenpad

1 Like

Thank you @cala2 and @rickyg32, very helpful.
So I guess I shall go with an Android.
Best,
Gal

2 Likes

Wahooo got my T12 in just 17 days, a new world record for the Chinese mail system​:clap::clap::clap:.

To a more practical mode, everything seems great, the quality and the feel of the sticks is very nice.
I got the soft case, and everything is there.

Binding was very simple and setting the channels for my gimbal and lights, simple, so actually to be up and running is a matter of couple of hours.

I have not connected the camera yet, for some reason they sent me a regular camera though the product said “three body” camera, so to be on the safe side I ordered the regular camera, so now I have two of the same, the mysterious ways of AliExpress.

Found the thread on how to upgrade the firmware both on TX and RX very helpful. Upgrading the receiver is done thru the TX so it is very easy, great system.

Thank you all for all the work you did and the information and files, it surely helped me.

Gal.

Next, tests, WaHooooooo

2 Likes

Oops, tower is unable to connect.

I connected the USB from bottom left to the phone, tower start but shows the error connection failed.

Everything went so smooth so far, Any idea?

1 Like

Connect via Bluetooth?

Good luck.

1 Like

Though the unit is paired to the android with BT, onn the left side it shows only T10/T12 connect. I am missing something

1 Like

Congrats.
You download skydroid tower vers?

1 Like