Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

If I want to use the M12 with more then one drone/receiver, do I have to rebind every time when I switch the receiver?

BR

Harald

1 Like

If I remember correctly Harald there is no need to rebind for each model you want to put up. Now I confess I don’t recall if there is a limit to the number of receivers you can bind to the transmitter. But as I recall you bind each receiver like any other RC system.

@SKYDROID do you know if there is a limit on receiver binding Cao.

1 Like

software is ok wait hardware

1 Like

You can put all the receivers into the dual-frequency mode at the same time, and then bind them at the same time. But make sure that only one aircraft starts at the same time.

2 Likes

I received the video switcher and it was so easy to set up,the weather is very bad here so no flying but little video indoor’s of it switching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQyDU5Q_Z0

Thank you Cao and Skydroid for great products.

1 Like

I have trouble uploading a large mission to my Pixhawk one with the Skydroid M12L system. Have any of you had that difficulty? I posted about it here: Errors uploading missions

I have occasional failures on long files with another telemetry radio, but the Skydroid always fails on a large file.

If any of you have any insights, please respond over on that post.
Thanks!

1 Like

No not really,sometimes slow to upload,have you uploaded the latest tower I think it is 5.7 now,can check latter

I’m using a laptop, not a tablet or cell phone, so I have used Mission Planner, primarily, but also Q Ground Control. I will try my cell phone with Tower to see if there is a difference.

1 Like

just checked Kenny it is Skydroid Tower 5.8 please give that A try and look forward to hearing your results and good luck

The Skydroid Tower app did upload the full 400+ waypoint file successfully. It was very slow and there is no progress indicator, but it eventually announced that it was successful. I then downloaded in Mission Planner over my 3DR radios and saw that all waypoints were present.

But, in Mission Planner, just simply receiving normal telemetry, I have a ton of lost packets happening. (You click “Stats…” in the upper right of the screen to see.). I posted about this and posted a short video at Errors uploading missions. So, how do I get support on this type of thing?

Is anybody else using the M12L with Mission Planner who can try this?

1 Like

I’m no RF expert nor a programmer but I think you need to consider that Skydroid uses Bluetooth vs. the 3DR radio that has a higher bandwidth. I would definitely recommend that if you’re uploading that much, use the telemetry radio, or better yet a USB cable for the highest throughput and accuracy it can muster.

Good luck.

1 Like

I appreciate that, Matthew. I uploaded it to this post: Errors uploading missions (Post #4).

Also, if you are using Mission Planner, I am curious what the “stats…” window shows for you just when you are monitoring the system, not uploading anything. Mine is showing a lost packet about once a second.

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in with thoughts!!! Bluetooth is used between the PC and the handheld “remote control” and then it is a 2.4GHz signal of some type from the remote control to the receiver on the vehicle. From what I can find, even the older bluetooth 1.2 or so had a bit rate of 1 Mbps and in practice could transmit 700 kbps, so that should not be the trouble. The 3DR radio is only about 64 kbps and the serial connection to each end is running at 57.6 kbps. So theoretically, the Skydroid should be capable of a lot higher speed.

But, I don’t really know. It could be a Bluetooth issue.

You do make me think… I need to hook up via USB instead of Bluetooth to see if that changes anything. I will do that!
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Kenny, I try to upload your mission by usb and works perfect, then I delete the mission and upload from the dron to check and no problem with Mission planner, I try to upload a video to show you. M12L

1 Like

Thank you for doing that. I will try USB later this evening, in case it is somehow related to Bluetooth. I also I have a complete 2nd system that I bought a few months ago for another project. I may take it out to see if it gives any different response.

If you click on the “stats…” link in the upper right corner of the screen, do you see many lost packets?

1 Like

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfpj7lyc0msigrx/20190811_201354.mp4?dl=0

this a short vers, then I retry erasing the mission and uploaded from drone.

upload 400+waypoint ,with usb or Bluetooth?If missionplanner or QGC gets the confirmation information of flight control and then sends the next waypoint, the problem will be solved. Because the bandwidth of the radio is much lower than that of Bluetooth and USB.

1 Like

Hello , I have the same tablet and was curious to know if fit also in horizontal position. I have a Samsung S2 9.7 maybe is the same . Can you help me ?

1 Like

Yes Domenico, its fix perfect and you can rotate in any position.

1 Like

Great ! The radio is very interesting… Thank you

1 Like